• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Completed The Eye Jacket Collection

I've only just begun my EJ collecting but it was the 1st gen Cobalt/+Red that started it all for me when I was 16. The family dog got a hold of them and chewed them so I replaced them with the FMJ W/+Red. I've begun my hunt and can only dream of the day, if I ever, complete a collection like this. Bravo good sir. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Same here, My first EJ was a Cobalt/+Red I think I was 17 or 18. They were stolen out of my truck. So I bought another pair, and they were stolen out of my truck as well. Then I got my first pair of Romeo's.... and they were stolen out of my truck. Now I didn't usually leave my glasses in the truck, but when I did, it would get broken into... EVERYTIME!
After that I started wearing wires.

Skip forward a few years, I've got about 5 or 6 pairs and being in my 30s I start felling a little nostalgic. So I go searching for EJs or Romeos and I find the Forum... Now 61 pairs of Oakleys later, I have all the Eye Jackets!

Seems like a broken record but my first O's were also Eye Jackets of the New persuasion but mine were the black/BI. Those glasses went through hell and back and ended up being lost in a tragic river tubing incident after about 8 years of ownership. Bought them in the late nineties and haven't looked back since.

Sounds to me @sharjt and @Malv1 loke we're all three kindred spirits! EJs for life! I moved on to Juliets instead of Romeos though!

I am a Romeo and XX guy myself, my fat head doesn't allow for Juliet's to frequently :) I do have both versions of the Ducati Juliet though. I have always been surprised with all the retro they have done that they didn't do another run with the Eye Jackets, especially with how far O-Matter has come since then!

Thank for the quick reply. I've been scoping eBay for 3 years, missed out on a pair once but haven't seen anything other than arms since then.
Yeah I understand "the search". It came down to the 10w40 for me when looking to complete this collection. Thanks to @Fernando I finally got them. Stick around the forum for a while and you might get lucky in the exchange.

The FMJW/+Red seem to have been the most elusive to me. If you've picked those up @Drewtopia you're one lucky dude! Those ivory/straights will show sooner or later. Keep an eye on the bay, I actually saw a pair recently.

Back