• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

It's going up because the R number is above 1. If it wasn't the pandemic would be over..

Numbers were on the rise here and that's why mask use was recommended in areas where keeping safe distance isn't feasible. It isn't a solution to the problem, but anything that lesses the rate of new infections help.

It's not the masks that are the issue it's people being stupid. Proper mask etiquette isn't that difficult ;)
What if you’re allergic to masks? :whistle:

Masks lessen the amount of virus expelled through the nose and mouth which lessens the risk of infecting others.

Why are you being so silly about this? It isn't a substitute to distance or hygiene and nobody has claimed it is.....
You're not taking into consideration the side effects of the mask, such as a reduced oxygen intake.

It's going up because the R number is above 1. If it wasn't the pandemic would be over..

Numbers were on the rise here and that's why mask use was recommended in areas where keeping safe distance isn't feasible. It isn't a solution to the problem, but anything that lesses the rate of new infections help.

It's not the masks that are the issue it's people being stupid. Proper mask etiquette isn't that difficult ;)
The purpose of masks, social distancing and closing every fukkng thing in sight isnt to get rid of rona. Its to not have a run on the hospitals. Covid is here to stay.It will be here in 5 years. My Accountants husband got the rona. She didnt. Makes sense right? How many folks have had it, been asymptomatic, passed it along, and no one ever knew? I could be one of them. Meanwhile no one has died of smoking, cancer, car wrecks or homicide. The only deaths in 2020 are police brutality and covid.

The purpose of masks, social distancing and closing every fukkng thing in sight isnt to get rid of rona. Its to not have a run on the hospitals. Covid is here to stay.It will be here in 5 years. My Accountants husband got the rona. She didnt. Makes sense right? How many folks have had it, been asymptomatic, passed it along, and no one ever knew? I could be one of them. Meanwhile no one has died of smoking, cancer, car wrecks or homicide. The only deaths in 2020 are police brutality and covid.

Only in the US ;)

Fully agree on the measures being there to let the medical services keep up, but with a R number lower than 1 an epidemic will slowly ebb out. We've mostly been around 1 here and stricter measures have only been implemented when the rates increase too much.

We haven't closed down much here, but restaurants, bars, pubs etc. are really struggling from the restrictions. Travel and tourism too.. Afaik the shut downs in most of the world have been much stricter and with bigger economic consequences than here.

Just curious - do you think the data regarding deaths is incorrect for the rest of the world as well?

Back