• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

There are a million of places to contract the Virus.
Workplace is only one of the.
Most Employers have been to little aggressive to help to support to contain the Virus by sending People with or without symptoms home.
I could have worked at Home from day one but had to come in and work in an Office of four.
After a week in an Office of two.
One week later from Home.
Now I am on vacation trying to stay clear of anyone.
Walking the Dog or work in the woods on my Firewood for the next winter.
Becouse, Winter Is Coming.

Ok. I can now put this in my "WIN" column. I have tested positive and been dealing with Covid-19 for the past 3 weeks. With me... contracted at work on a Thursday... symptoms came the following Sunday night. 103 fever, chills, etc. I'm 49 y.o. in decent health, but have asbestosis from the Navy. (My underlying chronic condition). The second week was fever, chills and flu like crap. Into week 3, the fever left but I couldn't breath. Like needing to cough but when I inhaled...nothing. my lungs burned from fighting for air. I used my CPAP machine as my ventilator, my wife was my quarantine doc, and both probably saved my life. Other friends have it and it's like a cold.... they beat it quickly. Me.... not so lucky. Please take this serious, not our Government and all the skewed numbers and BS, but take care of yourselves Forum. If not... please leave your MD's to me in your will. This is serious to most people. I'm off my soapbox.
Praise God! Glad to hear you pulled through. Sounds like you had a pretty good fight on your hands! Hopefully the rest of your family won't get it.

91454061_152303692920173_8016246503079149568_n.jpg

Glad you are recovering OBro. But an important thing you mentioned was CPAP. Have the peeps above and in position not thought of this?
This is an excellent resolve for the lack of ventilators.
I’m not a doctor and I could be not well informed but seems like a most excellent idea!!!!

Glad you are recovering OBro. But an important thing you mentioned was CPAP. Have the peeps above and in position not thought of this?
I’m not a doctor and I could be not well informed but seems like a most excellent idea!!!!
It's a great idea. But the only problem is that when you exhale, it sends the germs out too! A couple of my nurse friends busted my chops already. It worked for me!

It's a great idea. But the only problem is that when you exhale, it sends the germs out too! A couple of my nurse friends busted my chops already. It worked for me!
Hey times of desperation call for time of desperate action.
Congrats on beating this sh*t. Always so nice to hear some positive. You made my day brother!
Thank you!
He’ll throw a HEPA filter on the end.

Hey times of desperation call for time of desperate action.
Congrats on beating this sh*t. Always so nice to hear some positive. You made my day brother!
Thank you!
He’ll throw a HEPA filter on the end.
I actually caught a piece of a segment on the news where a doctor recommended agaisnt using cpap machines. I caught the tail end of the convo so I'm not sure of the details at all. By God when it comes down to it though......fire that mfer up!!!! Sounds like a lifesaver that you had one @RiggerBill

Back