• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Could these be fake?

Frenchfrog

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
I am considering buying a pair of Oakley sunglasses. I have had some for years. But still this pair I am looking at, I cannot find the frame anywhere on the internet. Still, I think around 2000 I had a Titanium frame myself from Oakley. But what about this one:
Oalkey sunglasses half jacket, titanium frame, iridium lenses, also see attached. I have asked for the number on the frame, but have not yet got any infor. Apparently bought at an optrician in France. But who knows. He asks for 60 euro. Not much, but still too much for fakes.
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Modified photo format in case they could not be seen. Not sure what format is the best on this forum (jpg or pdf)

Oakley A.jpg

Oakley B.jpg

Oakley C.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am considering buying a pair of Oakley sunglasses. I have had some for years. But still this pair I am looking at, I cannot find the frame anywhere on the internet. Still, I think around 2000 I had a Titanium frame myself from Oakley. But what about this one:
Oalkey sunglasses half jacket, titanium frame, iridium lenses, also see attached. I have asked for the number on the frame, but have not yet got any infor. Apparently bought at an optrician in France. But who knows. He asks for 60 euro. Not much, but still too much for fakes.
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers

They’re legit titanium half wires. Most likely does not have any markings on the frame. At most it would say “half wire” on the inside of the right ear stem but definitely no sku was marked on this frame back then.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. This has helped me take my decision and I bought it. Not sure if the price tag is on the upper or lower end.
Also I wonder if in the future I would be able to put some prizm lenses on it. Looks like prizm lenses are at this stage limited to only a few models.
Again, thanks a lot for your response from the other side of the world.

Thanks a lot for the quick response. This has helped me take my decision and I bought it. Not sure if the price tag is on the upper or lower end.
Also I wonder if in the future I would be able to put some prizm lenses on it. Looks like prizm lenses are at this stage limited to only a few models.
Again, thanks a lot for your response from the other side of the world.

You’re welcome. That’s not a bad price for that frame. If it wasn’t titanium, it wouldn’t have been as good a deal

Prizm lenses were not available for this frame but there are plenty of custom cutters here on the forum that could make all your wishes come true

Back