• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosshair S (original) nose pad upgrade

beelzebomb

Oakley Beginner
Since breaking my nose a few years back in a nasty mountain biking accident, I've found my beloved Crosshairs have felt uncomfortable on one side of the nose. I got quite excited when I found out that latest versions had air filled pads, but sadly these won't fit on original frames.

So I bought some gel filled (called Biofeel from a uk co called nosepads.co.uk, but other sellers are out there) and upgraded my silicon pads.

The out of the box fit was too tight and I risked bending the frame pushing them in, but a gentle squash with some pliers sorted that.

It's early days yet, so I'll report back. They do raise the glasses slightly as the pads are slightly thicker due to the gel filling, but I suspect this will not be an issue. I've attached some pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well jury's still out on benefit of this upgrade (or I'm really fussy, probably more the latter!) mainly thanks to developing a spot at the point of contact on one side thanks to cheap temporary prescription glasses! o_O

Back