• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Has anyone ever tried putting the 1st gen Tens lens ( 56mm x 37mm BC 8.75 ) into an XX XM frame? The lens shape profile seems so similar between the two, and from what I read the XX is just under 1mm shorter/narrower than them.

I just offered up my template XX & yes it’s a goer!

What lens is your donor - a fire Iridium TenX?

So theres no donor lense for split jackets then?
Just hand-murdered cut some Fast Jacket XL lenses for Split Jacket

After debating back an forth I just went for it, murder the tops of the HI Pers o-well doesn't impact FOV just aesthetically displeasing.
Blue Ird came out cleaner, you'd essentially just be cutting off the 4 corners...
About ~1mm portion of the indent/divet of the XL bottom center edge will be present but it doesn't pose any light leak, you'll also retain a sliver of either side edge of where they mount into the FJ frame but aren't visible in the Splits mounted up.

IMG_7233.jpg

Last edited:
I just offered up my template XX & yes it’s a goer!

What lens is your donor - a fire Iridium TenX?

Overlaying a 24k on top it looks like it'd work - but figure if someone had tried before and knows for sure, it's save me the risk of the vintage o-matter cracking possibly from removing the lenses...
72842459_2496122720502745_5898684852848295936_n.jpg

I think he means the old Tens. He’s asking if the lenses are a direct swap since they’re so similar.
Correct.

76732183_2330134200447890_6670699572127334400_n.jpg

What would work to cut for regular frogskin?
IIRC there's nothing out there, besides a frogskins lite 😂

edit: apparently an eyepatch would work (here)... maybe a large frame model with a toric lenses would work as well?
There seems to always be replacement lenses for them be it ebay or online stores, so unless you want something that was never offered for the frogskins dunno why you'd cut them...

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 11.21.36 PM.png

Back