• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cyclops X-Metal/Titanium Penny

The word is the actual finish was done by the studios prop department. So it is neither Oakley's titanium or X-metal finish. From one of the guys on the o review and from pictures posted on Oakley.com when Days of future past was released, the pairs submitted to the studio were of this finish. No one knows why Oakley submitted that color or why the prop department changed it.

View attachment 368065
I own a pair of movie used “prop” penny I can confirm this piece of information, the base frame is a plasma penny with a crude prop crew grey finish which over the years has worn in some spots exposing the plasma finish.

696B251E-B9F3-405A-8589-A5CED7D9F663.jpeg

I own a pair of movie used “prop” penny I can confirm this piece of information, the base frame is a plasma penny with a crude prop crew grey finish which over the years has worn in some spots exposing the plasma finish.

View attachment 742552

Good stuff, Walt.

This is as close to “Cyclops Red” as I have......

3678C9CA-8A91-49A4-8FAE-FA27D22B5F2C.jpeg

9BD49A25-5D97-4F9D-993F-DECD83AAD582.jpeg

Believe it or not, Ruby, not Prizm, just a random non-Fruby Ruby!

That’s a bit of a tongue-twister!

😂
Non fruby deep ruby doobie, I think I remember you having some plates with similar lenses. Ruby have some good optics, hopefully one day I can accomplish the impossible and get the cyclops to work with polycarbonate for better optics

Non fruby deep ruby doobie, I think I remember you having some plates with similar lenses. Ruby have some good optics, hopefully one day I can accomplish the impossible and get the cyclops to work with polycarbonate for better optics

The Plate lenses are @Linegear Japan “Special Reserve”

😉🤫

That sort of flat/matte finish on the “Cyclops Reds” is quite desirable amongst X-Men fans!

You have achieved what you set out to do, mate.