• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Help

chrisbron

Oakley Expert
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask your advice- I'm talking to a guy who is willing to sell me his STPL's (the one's with the bird etched into the lenses and the birdcrap on one of the legs) and a pair of Beams for £500. Is that a fair price?

Any help is appreciated,

Chris.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask your advice- I'm talking to a guy who is willing to sell me his STPL's (the one's with the bird etched into the lenses and the birdcrap on one of the legs) and a pair of Beams for £500. Is that a fair price?

Any help is appreciated,

Chris.

STPL's are an all time great pair of Frogskins. There are pairs on eBay being offered at £350 and up, but with no one buying at the minute. However, I sold a couple of pairs of STPL's a few months ago for around the £250 mark each and they were snapped up. Beams are also on eBay at around the £250 mark but again not selling. There isn't a great demand for Beams to be honest.

As to the fairness of the deal, that's all down to you. If you want them buy them, if you only want them at a certain price wait until someone sells them at a price you're willing to buy. Value is all down to you as an individual.

Thanks for the inspring words jk-27 ;)

jiveSEVEN, £500 = $791

791 is pretty steep. but like jk-27 said, it's all up to you, what do you feel they are worth. someone may think 1k USD for a pair of supreme is insane, but others may snap them up in a flash. the decision is yours to make!

p/s: he's right abt the Beams too. didn't really fancy them as well. they were sold pretty quickly from my collection. =)

I would say that's a little high. I believe one £ is about 1.6 US Dollars, am I correct? If so, at almost 800 bucks, I'd say hold off unless you just have to have them. I've seen the beams sell for about 300 USD and the STPL frogs sell for a little less than that. That being said, I think you can get them for about 600 USD or less or roughly £375....again it's up to you.

Yup like what everyone else is saying those prices are steep. I have never seen the beams or STPL sell when their BIN prices are that high. I'd keep looking because that is a lot of money to spend.

Back