• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Desperately need inputs on minute machine.

One piece of advice I might give you is if you do acquire one , don’t constantly mess with the crown adjusting the time … quite a few folks are looking for one and there simply aren’t any available ..

I wear my oakley watches not for the purpose of keeping time but to represent my love of the brand.. ever since the watch line got discontinued 5-6 years ago , there are no more spare parts or warranty services available from the company should something break ..

Be prepared to pay a premium but once you have one, you will not regret it. I would always go for a ti bracelet as opposed to a rubber or leather one due to longevity/durability.
For the sake of an extra $100, I would also buy a replacement movement to ensure ensure a future life for your watch should something happen (although i have never heard of any issues with these).

If you buy a ti bracelet model, always close the clasp with the clasp buttons depressed (as if opening) and not 'snapping' shut as this will minimise wear on the mechanism which has been an issue with these.

Good luck in your search...
I was following this practice (pushing in the pins when closing the bracelet) and asked my local jeweler about it.
He kinda shrugged his shoulders and said it doesn’t really matter, so was curious of you have heard different news regarding this?

I remember reading this thread and it always stuck in the back of my mind to fully depress the clasp buttons instead of having it “click”

I was following this practice (pushing in the pins when closing the bracelet) and asked my local jeweler about it.
He kinda shrugged his shoulders and said it doesn’t really matter, so was curious of you have heard different news regarding this?
When my clasp went it was the springs that blew out.
They never really broke but became horribly misshapen and began protruding through the clasp housing prior to failing....
They actually lasted quite a while even after I knew they were going to shlt....
For years I always just slammed the clasp together w/o depressing buttons.
I always depress now because the clasps are getting harder for me to find and can be expensive when found.
I also believe this method to be less wear and tear on the clasp, IMO.
This doesn't really answer your question Duke but gives you an idea what the failure was in my case...

When my clasp went it was the springs that blew out.
They never really broke but became horribly misshapen and began protruding through the clasp housing prior to failing....
They actually lasted quite a while even after I knew they were going to shlt....
For years I always just slammed the clasp together w/o depressing buttons.
I always depress now because the clasps are getting harder for me to find and can be expensive when found.
I also believe this method to be less wear and tear on the clasp, IMO.
This doesn't really answer your question Duke but gives you an idea what the failure was in my case...
Could the Springs possibly be replaced?

Could the Springs possibly be replaced?
I took it around and asked a couple of jeweler/watch repair people if it was repairable....
All said maybe, got to find the right springs, won't know until it's torn down, etc.
I had no interest in fixing it after that.
Did save it though because you never know...

I took it around and asked a couple of jeweler/watch repair people if it was repairable....
All said maybe, got to find the right springs, won't know until it's torn down, etc.
I had no interest in fixing it after that.
Did save it though because you never know...
I always keep parts and screws, they always end up useful eventually!