• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between polished and plasma frames?

Omnicyde

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys! I was just wondering if many of you have seen both polished and plasma frames? It’s hard to get a direct comparison because lighting changes them so much. Which do you prefer?

Original polished juliet's have hammerstem arms rather than straight one's.
In the photo, the first 2 frames are both polished and plasma in that order. As you can see the plasma looks kind of polished but it actually isnt. It has a satin type finish to it. The early generation plasma juliet's had a bone finish where as mine is a lot smoother, and shiner, as it is a later generation on.
Rule of thumb is. If it doesn't have bendy arms it isn't an original polished frame.
77ada938e589a0359922b8f234ac2277.jpg

Thanks for all the replies and pics! I’m more of a Half X guy, but I would imagine all the info transfers directly across. I had plasma before and I think I’ll stick with that for now. Too bad there isn’t a Half X in 24K!! :king:

Hi there. I'm kind if surprised by your question: the difference between polished (polished, shiny, silvery) and plasma (blasted, matte, greyish) is quite big! If I'd had to choose one, it'd be plasma, but I like both.

If you want to know what all X Metal finishes look like exactly, i'd say: feast your eyes on this: Oakley Juliet Guide - The 9 OEM Juliet frame finishes 😀
Only very early plasmas are at all matte, the later gens are more like a stainless steel finish, which I think is the reason for the question.

Latest Posts

Back