• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Display Case Dimensions/Sizes (Every Case)

Haha, you're welcome. You can thank my OCD!
Please look through ALL my other pages and add your wisdom!!!! I need more people like you in my life!

P.S. When I reviewed the format, it wasn't EXACTLY the same. Your formatting looked MUCH MUCH better, so I changed all my other formatting at the start of the thread to make it conform to your style!! HA HA HA!!

I know this is a very subjective question, but how many frames can fit in a 3.0 megatower bs the 3.0 Double?

If you have pics of your display and are comfortable posting, I’d appreciate it. Looking at getting a case soon and want to be sure the Megatower will do what I want.

Thanks

I know this is a very subjective question, but how many frames can fit in a 3.0 megatower bs the 3.0 Double?

If you have pics of your display and are comfortable posting, I’d appreciate it. Looking at getting a case soon and want to be sure the Megatower will do what I want.

Thanks
Hi. The single mega towers are all the same size (from the brown o-tower upwards. But I'm not sure about the latest tower). The aluminium ones hold less.

Like @GamerGuySam said, it depends on how tall you want to stack the glasses. If you use the black OEM stands, you can fit a maximum of 6 triple stands per shelf, but it means not being able to easily reach and wear stuff at the back. So the maximum you could fit in is 6 X 3 X 5 (shelves) = 90 pairs at a squeeze.

If you have the newer clear stands (see shelf 2 of mine), you can't fit 6 triple stands because the stand itself "leans" backwards and takes up more room. You could probably only fit 5 stands in each shelf. Therefore 5 X 3 X 5 = 75 pairs

If you use @SiRacer420 quadruple black stands, then you'll get 6 X 4 X 5 = 120 at a squeeze.

Bear in mind, that if you don't use stands at all, it will probably work out better for you, because you can stack glasses one behind the other without touching c.f. some of the larger collections e.g. @SoulFulFrog, @mercbezerk, @SiRacer420, @Funky-Trixtar etc (there are tons of others - see collections forum threads)

P.S. If you are using factory original halogen lights, I'd advise that you either only use 4 shelves (as the lights get very hot and can damage the o-matter over a period of time) or change the lights to LED (if you want 5 shelves).

I wouldn't advise that you over fill your cabinet unless you're not planning on wearing the pairs. Also, it's kinda nice to have other things displayed in an interesting way e.g. bags, unique boxes, other Oakley goodies. So if that's the case, you probably can only display about 12 per shelf max.
IMG_0880.jpg

Correct where as the metal stands allow for more stands in a compressed fit as frames sit on them closed. Staggering them allows you to fit quite a bit... ( you have seen my juliet shelf as an example )

This is a great resource. Thanks to @cacatman and everyone who has contributed. No more asking sellers for dimensions.

Latest Posts

Back