• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

display case parts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18328
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18328

new guy here. i just bought a double wide, aluminum, that is in need of parts. where can i get them? i was transporting home, and due to the vibration and movement in the truck, the nuts came loose on some of the bolts and disappeared along with a couple of the shims for the door hinges. i also need locks and keys for it as well. it has 3 of the 4 shelves.

it also has the light fixture. i know nothing about these so i will assume it is a factory unit for it. i do though, want to replace the lights with perhaps LED bulbs. what can i use?

Can't help you with the bolts but as far as the locks you can go to Home Depot. That's where I got mine. You can also get some plexiglass at Home Depot and they will cut it to the size you need.

Hopefully you just lost the nuts and not the bolts. The nuts are an easy fix, just take a bolt in and match up threads. The bolts may be hard to find. Home Depot only has very thin pieces of plexiglass. Nothing thick enough for a shelf. From what I found, thick plexi is very expensive. I replaced my shelves with 1/4" Glass. Much cheaper.

the plexi is there. the bolts/nuts are for the doors below. and one spacer is gone as well. it would be nice if someone had a parts cabinet to get these from. i don't like hacking stuff. i like original parts.

the plexi is there. the bolts/nuts are for the doors below. and one spacer is gone as well. it would be nice if someone had a parts cabinet to get these from. i don't like hacking stuff. i like original parts.

We all do, gascan. Unfortunately the cases weren't publicly available so spare parts for 2-25 year old display cases aren't behind every bush, so to speak. Hopefully someone here can help you and part with a few pieces. If not, you'll have to do an "O-hack" and make the best of it!

I had to have custom diamond plate doors cut and hinges done also for the bottom doors on my spine case. Original replacements are non-existent.

Good luck!

well, i got the bolts and spacers coming thanks to spenc, but i need locks,. where have you guys bought locks? local locksmith doesn't have any, lowe's doesn't have any. i've seen them or similar online, but they are either too long or shorter. ideas?

well, i got the bolts and spacers coming thanks to spenc, but i need locks,. where have you guys bought locks? local locksmith doesn't have any, lowe's doesn't have any. i've seen them or similar online, but they are either too long or shorter. ideas?
Good to know the exchange requirements were bypassed. :p

I have the part number of the lock. It's available and any good locksmith can order it for you. The one I'm talking about is not some generic lock from Home Depot. It's a direct replacement that uses the original keys. That way all your cases can be unlocked with the same key. This is exception of 3.0 etc. I'm talking about all mega towers. I should know. I have 14 of them.