• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

display case parts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18328
  • Start date
We all do, gascan. Unfortunately the cases weren't publicly available so spare parts for 2-25 year old display cases aren't behind every bush, so to speak. Hopefully someone here can help you and part with a few pieces. If not, you'll have to do an "O-hack" and make the best of it!

I had to have custom diamond plate doors cut and hinges done also for the bottom doors on my spine case. Original replacements are non-existent.

Good luck!
Not everyone has the spares but I do helped out quite a few people on the forum now

IMG_1608.JPG

has anyone replaced their shelves with glass? costly? regular plate glass?

Glass is less expensive than the thick plexi used as shelves. Considerably heavier as well. Plate glass is too thin and fragile. For a large shelf with any weight on it you would be better off with tempered glass in my opinion. If you're going for the expense why not just get the plexi custom cut. You can get a sheet about 24X18 for $22.00 that is 3/8 thick.

Glass is less expensive than the thick plexi used as shelves. Considerably heavier as well. Plate glass is too thin and fragile. For a large shelf with any weight on it you would be better off with tempered glass in my opinion. If you're going for the expense why not just get the plexi custom cut. You can get a sheet about 24X18 for $22.00 that is 3/8 thick.

All of mine are bowed. Flipped over doesn't matter either. Why put more plexi in there when it will do the same? Where I am, there isn't any business that cuts it anyway.

They look familiar. Nice having one key that opens all of them. Next time you buy a case and the guy says oh wait let me give you the key just say, That's alright I have my own master key! Lol