• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Have The Right Tool For Your X-Metal?

Anyone know what size the tiny screw on the Half X hinge on the arm is? Looking at the above link, there are a lot of possible hex sizes.

I've got a snap on driver set that I use. I have found that the craftsman units are cheap and don't match the size correctly. I did pick up a nice one before I got the snap on set. It stays in the case.
Some of the tools out there are just cheaply made junk. You have to check it out to make sure it's going to do the job correctly. Thanks for the info on a good tool.

Has anyone here got any experience using these new fang dangled "Wiha Magic Ring Screw Holding Torx T6 Tip" Gadget? google and youtube from what i've been able to deduce arnt shedding much light on this black magic.

RD480811-02.jpg

Buy Screwdrivers Wiha Tools 40 mm Chrome Vanadium Molybdenum Steel Electricians Screwdriver, Torx T6 Tip Wiha Tools 27729 online from RS for next day delivery.

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0ff9/0900766b80ff9206.pdf

Seems to be the most concise explanation i can find so far. but i'm still not convinced

Last edited:
I posted this elsewhere but i think its worth re-posting here

Can i buck the trend i own the Wiha and find the Wera Much Much better for alot of reasons. 2$ More. Usually can be bought for 6-12$ delivered. I use these tiny screw drivers in an official capacity a few hundred times a day. Wera is my preference.

1567 TORX® Kraftform Micro screwdriver for TORX® screws

Wera Kraftform ESD 1500 Series Precision Screwdriver: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Products - 1567 TORX<sup>®</sup> Kraftform Micro screwdriver for TORX<sup>®</sup> screws: Wera

1567_torx_micro-jpg.134547.jpg

I decided i should quantify why there better

#1 they are designed not to roll when placed on a flat surface
#2 has awesome bits of rubbed inlaid within the plastic so while your fiddling with the Juliette gasket its that little bit easer to grab your driver
#3 I count 5 different holding positions for the hand based on there different shape vs the Wiha

I'd love someone to come along and show me why i'm an idiot cause that means i'm learning

yes some of these things are semantics but there 2$ more sometimes the same price

Back