• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Remember Your First Oakley's? How Many?

IMG_5985.jpeg

Got these around 2001-2002. I always wanted Matte Black, don't know why i ended up with Polished Black.

My first 2 pairs were prescription sunglasses, I really I wish I could remember how long ago. The Xframe Romeos I am wearing in my profile pic, and a large pair of wrap around sunglasses that they were able to put my prescription in a set of basically windows in the blade. Sound familiar to anyone? I still wear my Xframes, and own a backup pair. And both need to get sent out to X-Man to be refreshed.

My first pair was a flat black pair of Oakley xx, my dad picked them up for me when we were in Hawaii and I absolutely loved them. Oakley Eye Jackets were always my dream frames since the 90’s and at the time these were the closest thing I could find.

Sadly, my dog was lonely one day when my wife and I were out, and he sniffed out my oakleys and chewed them into bits.

thankfully with the eye jacket reissue, I have a chance to finally get the pair I always wanted, and I still love my dog in spite of those doomed xx’s. Also thanks to this forum I’ve bought 9 pairs of oakleys in the last year.

Last edited:
My very first pair were razor blades that I traded a portable CD player for in 8th grade. Around 1990 I believe. I still have them with original clear plastic box. I also have the replacement arm kit with box.

My first pair were Crystal Frame Frogskins with Black Iridium lenses my GF in High school bought for me. Loved those shades....lost them in one of the umpteen moves/deployments courtesy of the USAF.

I've had at least a dozen other pairs of Oakley's since then....pretty sure I still have all but the Frogskins

Back