• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

Thats why you have a hatred of X-metals. I hated the XX myself. The most uncomfortable x-metal in my opinion.

I'm new to this community so this hate on them is news to me lol. The last time I tried any of the the other X metals was back in 07 so I dont remember how differentthey felt. I do remembered why I chose XX though, the others looked too small for my face. šŸ™ƒ

I'm new to this community so this hate on them is news to me lol. The last time I tried any of the the other X metals was back in 07 so I dont remember how differentthey felt. I do remembered why I chose XX though, the others looked too small for my face. šŸ™ƒ
There are a lot of people that do like them. Its more of a face fit thing. I donā€™t think the styling is bad. They just sat very heavy on the bridge of my nose and are very uncomfortable. Others have said X-squared and Pitboss 1 are too tight on their temples, but fit me great.

I am 28 and wear xmetals does that count? But none of my friends have xmetals. This current economy sucks making younger people broke with 6 figure college debt. Not many of them can afford Oakleys. The last Oakley store near me closed down due to poor sales in Richmond Virginia.
Hell yes man! You get extra cool points for even knowing about X Metals, let alone wearing them! Iā€™m guessing you play baseball. Kudos to you! Iā€™m 59 & a lady. My ex husband owned a shooting range & was an Oakley dealer & gave me a pair of the gen 1 X Metal XX, which are way too big for me! Theyā€™re in perfect condition, just in need of a nose bridge tune. Iā€™m planning on putting them up for sale for $500 obo. Iā€™ll let you have them for free, if you want them. The only thing is, if you keep them, you have to pass your old ones on to one of your friends, who is working & is a good person to others. If you love yours more, then pass these on to someone who is doing the right things in life. Kind of a ā€œpay it forwardā€ situation. Let me know at my email bmartenfeld@gmail.com. Please donā€™t do me wrong! Iā€™m trying to be a good person, & reward a younger person whoā€™s doing the right things in life, as difficult as itā€™s getting in this crazy world! I canā€™t believe Iā€™m doing this b/c Iā€™m not exactly flush with cash, but I believe in trying to be kinder to our fellow humans.

Last edited:
Hell yes man! You get extra cool points for even knowing about X Metals, let alone wearing them! Iā€™m guessing you play baseball. Kudos to you! Iā€™m 59 & a lady. My ex husband owned a shooting range & was an Oakley dealer & gave me a pair of the gen 1 X Metal XX, which are way too big for me! Theyā€™re in perfect condition, just in need of a nose bridge tune. Iā€™m planning on putting them up for sale for $500 obo. Iā€™ll let you have them for free, if you want them. The only thing is, if you keep them, you have to pass your old ones on to one of your friends, who is working & is a good person to others. If you love yours more, then pass these on to someone who is doing the right things in life. Kind of a ā€œpay it forwardā€ situation. Let me know at my email bmartenfeld@gmail.com. Please donā€™t do me wrong! Iā€™m trying to be a good person, & reward a younger person whoā€™s doing the right things in life, as difficult as itā€™s getting in this crazy world!
IMG_2465.jpeg
IMG_2677.jpeg

XX, Romeo 1 and X-Squared are the bigger X-Metal's

I'll be 40 this year, but you'd never guess that.

View attachment 1133160

Same boat; first pair of Oakleys, I used my high school graduation money to buy back in 2002. By 2022, I had an overflowing case of sunglasses with ease. Equal parts nostalgia, doing good financially, and the thrill of collecting. The biggest thing I can think of is Oakley of today is less groundbreaking, so kids aren't interested as they're just sunglasses. If there were better marketing like the 90's, they'd catch on again; just look what people did over Stanley tumblers a few months back.
I donā€™t know about that. Watching the Little League World Series, I saw many lucky youngsters on the field sporting Oakleys. Iā€™m sure many others would be thrilled to be wearing them if their parents could afford to buy them. A lot of People these days are barely able to house & feed their kids, let alone buy them Oakleys. Plus, letā€™s face it, kids lose & break things regularly, so I wouldnā€™t be putting Oakleys on his face at that age! Iā€™ve been wearing Oakleys for the last 30 yrs, a Ray Bans convert! I donā€™t lose or break my sunglasses, so I donā€™t mind spending the money on them for myself. Iā€™ve only owned 3 pairs in the last 30 years, & my X Metal XX have been in their case for the last 20 + yrs. Theyā€™re too big for me as a female. My faves are half jacket
I'll be 40 this year, but you'd never guess that.

View attachment 1133160

Same boat; first pair of Oakleys, I used my high school graduation money to buy back in 2002. By 2022, I had an overflowing case of sunglasses with ease. Equal parts nostalgia, doing good financially, and the thrill of collecting. The biggest thing I can think of is Oakley of today is less groundbreaking, so kids aren't interested as they're just sunglasses. If there were better marketing like the 90's, they'd catch on again; just look what people did over Stanley tumblers a few months back.

XX, Romeo 1 and X-Squared are the bigger X-Metal's
Iā€™m a slender female & my exhusband gave me a pair of gen 1 X Metals XX & the only few times Iā€™ve worn them was when I rode my motorcycle & had a helmet on! Thatā€™s the only way they stayed on my face! Lol šŸ˜‚
Just found them, when I moved a few yrs back, just sitting in their case like brand new. Obviously all the ex knew was that I wore Oakleys (half jackets my fav), & the X Metals were expensive Oakleys, so he figured he couldnā€™t go wrongā€¦lol

Back