• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dumb carbon question

Calebric85

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So this is probably a dumb question, since I haven’t seen anyone offering it. Is there a way to have a frame restored back to the oem carbon color like the x metal and plasma finish?

I don't quite know if @zwc0442 used the same process as Oakley but, he's refinished a couple of X Metal frames for me that matched the carbon color of X Metals. Hope that helps.

So this is probably a dumb question, since I haven’t seen anyone offering it. Is there a way to have a frame restored back to the oem carbon color like the x metal and plasma finish?
@SouLFuLFroG also does an incredible version of a Polished Carbon.

50C761D5-59CE-4D79-AC18-E5902BE3230B.jpeg

5CFF029E-C24A-4331-B739-C22D5D9621B0.jpeg

This is topical for a question I have, save me making a new thread.
If carbon is a coating, what’s the base, xmetal or plasma? I’m about to get my first pair of Carbon juliets and I’m curious what options I have if they need a refinish or if I should get them stripped to the base colourway. I may if it’s plasma but won’t if xmetal. Assuming the carbon is in bad shape. Preference would be to leave as is of course.

This is topical for a question I have, save me making a new thread.
If carbon is a coating, what’s the base, xmetal or plasma? I’m about to get my first pair of Carbon juliets and I’m curious what options I have if they need a refinish or if I should get them stripped to the base colourway. I may if it’s plasma but won’t if xmetal. Assuming the carbon is in bad shape. Preference would be to leave as is of course.
An hour with a Dremel fitted with a scotch pad and another hour with a felt wheel and Mothers Alu polish will give you this result....
3f2434223ca9db636e5b8e8146a2c027.jpg

Latest Posts

Back