• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dumb carbon question

Sorry perhaps I’m wording my posts poorly because that part I know already. I’ve owned X-Metals for 20 years and I feel like such a noob here! So many knowledgeable people on this forum.

all juliets are made from titanium alloy. And I know I’m not covering all the original frame options but basically:

- Titanium - unfinished, unpolished, no coating applied. This is basically just plain titanium alloy hence the frame colour name Titanium.
- plasma - a finish applied over the base described above
- xmetal - see plasma but obviously a different colour finish
- carbon - see plasma but a coating instead of finish And a diff colour
- polished - duh, polished. Can any of the above 4 be polished? Or would that stop the finish/coating? No, right? Because there are polished carbons.

^^^ Is that’s correct?

Can only the coating be removed or can finishes be stripped? Also, can an xmetal frame colour be refinished to plasma? My questions mostly have customs in mind.

thanks again, I’m sure this has been discussed and explained a million times before on here. I have a few ideas for customs but I want to make sure I’m buying the right frames to be worked on and understand the options.
Not quite, titanium is a finish too, rather than just the bare titanium alloy. It’s lightly textured, like a paler x-metal, colour wise somewhere intermediate between x-metal and plasma.

Back