• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Descriptions Sound Like Used Car Salesmen!!

RiggerBill

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I was looking around last night trying to support my habit. There I was...all alone in the dark, the Wife none the wiser, lurking on the "Bay, and laughing at one particular seller (who shall remain nameless) who posted almost every single sales listing as "Rare." Maybe "Not as readily available as it once was," is not as eye catching, but dang, I got so tired of reading the word "Rare." Yes, we know it's "Rare" because we're shelling out tons of money to purchase these items...or we're "NOT" shelling out a Gazillion bucks for your overpriced, worn-out sunglasses full of scratchers. And also the description "Used." That's all, "Used" or "Previously Owned." Nothing else in the description. Maybe my Ex-wife would fall into this category, but I want details. Tons and tons of mind numbing details. And then there's the...."I was limited to only 12 pictures." Then why the heck did you post 4 and 3 of them look like a 3 year old took them??? Ok. I'm off the soap box now.

I was looking around last night trying to support my habit. There I was...all alone in the dark, the Wife none the wiser, lurking on the "Bay, and laughing at one particular seller (who shall remain nameless) who posted almost every single sales listing as "Rare." Maybe "Not as readily available as it once was," is not as eye catching, but dang, I got so tired of reading the word "Rare." Yes, we know it's "Rare" because we're shelling out tons of money to purchase these items...or we're "NOT" shelling out a Gazillion bucks for your overpriced, worn-out sunglasses full of scratchers. And also the description "Used." That's all, "Used" or "Previously Owned." Nothing else in the description. Maybe my Ex-wife would fall into this category, but I want details. Tons and tons of mind numbing details. And then there's the...."I was limited to only 12 pictures." Then why the heck did you post 4 and 3 of them look like a 3 year old took them??? Ok. I'm off the soap box now.
Who? We need names... :)

Capture.PNG

All of my eBay saved searches have a number of exclusions (if you put a - directly in front of a term all results with that term are excluded) alongside them. Not ideal but it weeds out a lot of the dross.

D675F7F5-863F-450E-A09C-6B976AF281B8.jpeg