• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay help

brewc

Oakley Expert
276 of Virginia
Wasn’t with any Oakley, but a Mafex Spider-Man figure.
I bought on 11-30 got a message later that day they provided a tracking and printed a label. 5-6 days went by never an update on tracking, seller said the “dropped it off”. Kept messaging they need to check with post office etc got the same msg they shipped it. Finally was able to file dispute after 5 more days eBay refunded me. Then 2 days later seller says I’m scamming them I will get the figure and my money back, they were appealing.
This tracking number has never been more than “shipping label created USPS awaiting item”with location date and time it was printed. Seller has never gave me any contact info on them. Don’t know how eBay will handle the appeal, but I’m wondering should I file mail fraud charges or something else if they take the money back?

Wasn’t with any Oakley, but a Mafex Spider-Man figure.
I bought on 11-30 got a message later that day they provided a tracking and printed a label. 5-6 days went by never an update on tracking, seller said the “dropped it off”. Kept messaging they need to check with post office etc got the same msg they shipped it. Finally was able to file dispute after 5 more days eBay refunded me. Then 2 days later seller says I’m scamming them I will get the figure and my money back, they were appealing.
This tracking number has never been more than “shipping label created USPS awaiting item”with location date and time it was printed. Seller has never gave me any contact info on them. Don’t know how eBay will handle the appeal, but I’m wondering should I file mail fraud charges or something else if they take the money back?
You can’t charge mail fraud for that. eBay isn’t gonna overturn the decision of tracking doesn’t update. Where is it shipping from?

Ebay should be able to see that the tracking update never went beyond "lTracking number created". That is the problem with shipping companies (particularly USPS) They should never be able to issue a tracking number until they 1st physically see, Then scan and "accept" the item. Only then should a number be created. Certain sellers on it have used it to their advantage in my own personal experience.

You can’t charge mail fraud for that. eBay isn’t gonna overturn the decision of tracking doesn’t update. Where is it shipping from?

Novi, Mi

1818EB87-ED05-4F31-AD26-B6676882685B.png

Your golden with that tracking showing like it is. You can go to the post office and they can print out a detailed report on the shipment if worse came to worse but I dont think you have anything to be concerned over. Seller is likely trying to get eBay to flip the bill for it on both ends but they dont do that like they use to.

Dammit!! I was trying to open the redux box, both inserts were stuck pretty hard. I was as gentle as I could be with minor force, and I hear that ripping sound. Ughh. Cheap Oakley boxes. Bummed myself out. Wish they used nicer boxes for this set.

We're these boxes used for anything else? Going to look for a replacement box of possible

Yea that’s in the US, you’re fine. When I go to the post office I always get a receipt for packages I drop off, so they have to scan it.
And you have proof.

Back