• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay hollow points

all these pics are of the fake?
No you really have to look for the differences. Some areas are rounded where they shouldn’t be and some aren’t rounded where they should be. When you pull the screws out that would be the biggest tell all if they are course or fine screws.

Im sure the guts are different on the fakes right? I always heard oakley puts a sku on the back of the faceplates but not sure if thats true cuz ive never had one apart

Im sure the guts are different on the fakes right? I always heard oakley puts a sku on the back of the faceplates but not sure if thats true cuz ive never had one apart
They have a date usually but the movements on a fake are exactly the same. Oakley used off the shelf movements.

Damn... I came close to getting them as well! Such Subtleties sure were easy to miss but I see them now! The difference in the metal tones were odd but I was willing to shrug it off to use vs non use! Glad I didn't learn the hard way! Yea I'm sure the guy doesn't know who sold them.

Ya i just wanna know the real proof other than what someone may believe, just saying a watch that has had a lot of use over the years may appear to be fake because all the corners are rounded from use, Its hard to believe these fakes are that good, both these watches have alot of time put into them and usually with fakes you can definately see where the manufacturer that is faking is cutting corners to save time and saving time is what essentially saves $$$ along with cheap materials , need a way to test that the band is actually titanium first off

Ya i just wanna know the real proof other than what someone may believe, just saying a watch that has had a lot of use over the years may appear to be fake because all the corners are rounded from use, Its hard to believe these fakes are that good, both these watches have alot of time put into them and usually with fakes you can definately see where the manufacturer that is faking is cutting corners to save time and saving time is what essentially saves $$$ along with cheap materials , need a way to test that the band is actually titanium first off
<iframe src="Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
"

I had a fake sent to me to refinish and I didn't know it was until I started taking it apart. From the outside it was very close, close enough that I didn't think anything was up with it. But upon taking it apart there ended up being a ton of things that were different. The most obvious thing is the threads of the link screws on a fake are coarser. Thats the quickest way to tell. But after I knew what it was I started looking over everything and could see the differences everywhere. On these two watches you can see the case is rounded off on the backside of the case. There's no way for that to become rounded from use, its the way it was made. I have pics of the one I took apart I'll dig through and post em up if I can find em again.

Back