• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay horror story

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
S

Sc'O'user

I sold a Juliet on eBay on December 6th and shipped them international tracked & signed on December 7th to a buyer in the Philippines, eBay in there wisdom added an expected delivery date of January 11th which I thought nothing of at the time, but on 12th January without warning I received an email from eBay telling me that the buyer has opened a case against me for a refund as the parcel hasn't arrived, and giving me until January 16th to resolve this, I contacted the buyer asking for patience because as we all know, there have been major delays since the start of the global pandemic, initially he told me he would give it time but then yesterday (January 16th) I received an email from ebay at 22:36 (UK time) informing me that the buyer has escalated his claim and eBay would be in touch when they had made a decision, at 03:05 this morning (yes 4 hours 29 minutes later) I receive another email informing me that they have refunded the buyer....
The guy also claimed in one message he sent me that he is a member of OF, he never divulged his username but maybe he can comment on this?

So please beware when sending parcels to the Philippines, and especially ebay user mn0132 (Mark Hiro Nakagawa) not all buyers are trustworthy and will take advantage of the slightest opportunity given to them.

Some of us are still waiting for packages from Germany for 6-7 months now lol

sorry OP to hear this .. u think people would be a little more understanding regarding logistics of parcel shipping worldwide during this pandemic.. hopefully there’s a positive resolution to this

...while I'm still waiting for a package that was shipped 63 days ago! :oops:
63 days?? It took 35 days when the case for a refund was opened. Believe me 35 days is nothing in the current climate 😠

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of us are still waiting for packages from Germany for 6-7 months now lol

sorry OP to hear this .. u think people would be a little more understanding regarding logistics of parcel shipping worldwide during this pandemic.. hopefully there’s a positive resolution to this
Sorry to hear your situation still hasn't been resolved, I feel for you and all the other members affected by what happened.

What does the tracking say? Was it inside global shipping or outside?

Information taken from the PHL Postal service website, PHL being the Philippines national postal service.

Screenshot_20210117-113126.png

Screenshot_20210117-040158.png

Hmm, possibly still in their system, I have a contact over there jyst finding out if he paid any import duty on a recent sale I had with him.

My item was under £100. My friend over there says under $200 is a minimal fee.

just wondering if your buyer didn’t want to pay or hasnt maybe had a bill yet. Ebay doesent allow for covid / extra procedures

Latest Posts

Back