• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EVZero Ascend with new Prizm Road Black lens

Jerome

Oakley Enthusiast
The Netherlands
After I found the EVZero Blades I also accidentally found these new EVZero Ascends. These are also not visible anymore on otticasm.com but only from the Google cache if you look for Evzero ascend OO 9453

I don't know if this new shape is really going to change things, but what is making me very curious is this new Prizm Road lens called "Prizm Road Black". This looks like a dark version of Prizm Road, like Prizm Golf and Prizm Dark Golf. What will be the light transmission of Prizm Road Black? Prizm Road has a 20% light transmission so I guess Prizm Road Black must be significantly darker to make a difference. Personally I have had rides in the bright summer sun where I found Prizm Road just too bright on the eyes, but I do have to mention I have light sensitive blue eyes.
oakley-oo-9453-945303-6.png

oakley-oo-9453-945303.png

oakley-oo-9453-945303-2.png

oakley-oo-9453-945303-3.png

oakley-oo-9453-945303-4.png

oakley-oo-9453-945303-5.png

The other colors are Prizm Road (as we know it)
oakley-oo-9453-945302.png

Prizm Black
oakley-oo-9453-945305.png

Prizm Sapphire
oakley-oo-9453-945304.png

Prizm Dark Golf
oakley-oo-9453-945301.png

I'm hoping for a Prizm Road Black Jawbreaker lens becoming available to try out.
What do you think about these new EVZeros and Prizm Road Black?

Its only slightly darker. I can still tell when wearing them but its not anything close to what I would need in bright sunlight

road-comp-jpg.jpg

Thanks for creating the comparison picture, this is very helpful. On the picture it's easy to see that Prizm Road Black is not that much of a difference compared to Prizm Road. I'm must lower my expectations for PRB. I was expecting a much darker lens than this. Maybe the word "Black" is a bit misleading in this case and I was expecting something more like "Prizm Black" but this new lens seems to be more "Prizm Road-ish" than "Prizm Black-ish" to me.

Prizm Road Black, I think has the same base tint like prizm road but instead of positive red like on road, it has black Iridium on it, which mixes with the base colour make it look like dark rose like colour. Prizm Trail torch is also, I think has prizm trail base with very light torch Iridium coating on it. The LT% also is 1% less than prizm trail (36%). I haven't seen them in person, prizm trail torch in radar ev and flak 2.0 is definitely in my wish list.

According to Oakley, the Prizm road black is supposed to be 11% LT with a rose base, that is almost the darkest they offer regarding LT. I believe 10 is the lowest they have in the current offerings for any lens still in production, minus the snow variant that claims 5.5%

Prizm Road Black

• Light Transmission: 11%
  • Contrast: Increased
  • Base Lens Color: Rose
PRIZM Road

• Light Transmission: 20%
  • Light Conditions: Medium Light
  • Base Lens Color: Indigo
Prizm Trail Torch

• Light Transmission: 35%