• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
With “premium materials” do you mean carbon or something else?
Titanium! For high end specs and sunglasses it's all about that sweet ultra light metal.

But, for sports glasses O-Matter is the best choice, much as I love my Juliets they would probably go through my head before they gave way. O-Matter is a good balance of shatter proof and springiness.

With “premium materials” do you mean carbon or something else?

Ti, basically any metals — stuff that just provides the novelty of weight and presence. It's totally true that an O-Matter or plastic pair can prove to be more practical, but you wouldn't consider, say, a watch with plastic bezels and rubber straps more special/exciting than an entirely metal one. It doesn't have to be pure metal or either. I still consider the Pit Boss II to be an ideal example of practicality and novelty. The fact we've seen it done kinda makes the lack of any kind of successor pretty underwhelming.

Ti, basically any metals — stuff that just provides the novelty of weight and presence. It's totally true that an O-Matter or plastic pair can prove to be more practical, but you wouldn't consider, say, a watch with plastic bezels and rubber straps more special/exciting than an entirely metal one. It doesn't have to be pure metal or either. I still consider the Pit Boss II to be an ideal example of practicality and novelty. The fact we've seen it done kinda makes the lack of any kind of successor pretty underwhelming.

I understand what you’re saying but I doubt that Oakley will mix O-Matter and Ti in sport frames like Jawbreakers or EVZeros. I do think however that a combination like this can work really well for a sports oriented frame since Ti is a very lightweight and durable material that is used a lot in (sun)glasses already.

I understand what you’re saying but I doubt that Oakley will mix O-Matter and Ti in sport frames like Jawbreakers or EVZeros. I do think however that a combination like this can work really well for a sports oriented frame since Ti is a very lightweight and durable material that is used a lot in (sun)glasses already.

Likely not. They hardly know how to market anything really, even if they designed something nice like that.

Why are the “blades” not offered in customizable specs??? I mean I guess I could change out the stems from my EVZeros but that’s not something I would want to do often as it would weaken and wear into the plastic...

And polarization as well—Since they are not offered polarized in other lens colors - ROAD is the one I would ‘try’ for cycling.

They may eventually. The blade version just came out. It tooks months for the Stride lens cut to make it to OCP. The pitch and swift never did.

They may offer them in Polarized eventually. I guess they need to make it past the first release with decent sales. Neither the Pitch or Swift had any more than the initial release. The range hasn't had a new model in over two years and stride in a year and a half.

They had an interview with an Oakley rep on youtube that stated they didn't want to make Polarized Prizm Road as most riders want to be able to see glare so they can tell what the conditions of the pavement are.

Is there a direct number I can call and actually talk with someone there? I’ve tried reaching out via email, got no response. Tried calling no one answers....... customer service could be better it seems.

Stay on hold long enough and you'll get someone. They may not know what they are talking about but you'll eventually get someone.

They had an interview with an Oakley rep on youtube that stated they didn't want to make Polarized Prizm Road as most riders want to be able to see glare so they can tell what the conditions of the pavement are.

As a somewhat experienced road cyclist, I can attest to this. Asphalt that is black tends to hide wet areas, and when cornering at speed on a slick tyre, it can really be a bad time. I want to reduce glare off pavement for sure, especially that 'starfield' effect that black asphalt sometimes gets and can dazzle the eyes. I don't want hints at road conditions to be hidden though.

Re: this design - it looks like a good fit for something like golf or maybe beach volleyball where vents aren't going to do much good anyway. To each their own; I like the idea of a lightweight minimalist frame, I'd just struggle to apply it in my contexts of choice.

Well thanks for the responses!

I went to my local Oakley retailer yesterday and pick them up. After opening them up and having them fitted on my face for a few moments I notice that the unobtaniumIt STILL doesn’t fit the arch of my nose properly. I can still see a slight bit of light coming through under it but even more so irritating is seeing a sideways line in between my eyes which defeats the purpose of the lens style/obstructing my field of view. Now I know they may get better with time as they break-in a bit, & also your body heat will soften it more and allow it to flex and maybe then would seat correctly around my nose.

I had to go back into the Oakley store today to look at the ones on display and also all other product stock in the boxes to see if I had gotten a product miss-happ since to me it seemed that it is the same exact nose piece and Unobtanium from my Stride cut lens that I have already... turns out it is, even the rep in the store stated that it was and as the whole evzero line uses the exact same nose piece. Even on the older style ‘Ascend’ in store was the same exact piece, which on Oakley.com it does not appear to be this way...

Another thing - the cut on these ‘Blades’ I picked up seem to be cut ever so slightly different than what’s advertised on their website. I really liked the idea of the lens coming inward slightly from the nose piece compared to my stride lens since the stride doesn’t give me the coverage I’d desire down the lower portion on my nose as the blades helps better with this...; though it doesn’t hug around my nose as tight as I WANTED it to, as ADVERTISED. Will help with ventilation some being cut further apart... but still not what is advertised and I am quite pissed-off. I’ll attach a few photos for viewing...

If oakley wants all the more sales... then MAYBE they should do what they advertise. It just really irks me to say that I am not 100% satisfied.

F6F8FD48-0A9F-45F8-AAF9-E2A4A30D5141.jpeg

96262B69-B194-4819-B7A0-FE601214B13B.jpeg

BAEC9A1E-0A80-4BFD-96E1-74F767C99080.jpeg

F5597763-8829-4964-9498-4044AAA5630F.jpeg

43596DB6-BEA4-4FC5-8A5B-C125AD2D6268.jpeg

20DD0475-0E08-42A3-A19E-AACBAA94FA82.jpeg

2544ADCD-C859-4F91-9FB7-ABEAD790A90C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back