• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Recommendations/Suggestions

The app doesn't let u change title. I don't use a browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Also, I know for non-paying members (who still qualify to post in the exchange section) they can't change thread titles in normal (non-exchange threads). I'm not sure if this also applies to exchange threads too.

Also, @neill, the reverse is true. I hate having to continuously "bump" a thread just to make my stuff that is still for sale, seen. It's not that I'm lazy. It's just that I feel I'd rather not spend my time doing it (especially if you have a few for sale threads going at the same time - see poor @Steven Goldberg!! Every 2 days, he must spend about 10-15 minutes trying to locate all his threads to bump them so that people can actually know they're still there!!!) and unnecessary thread space. I've already made suggestions to the boss to create an index list of what actually is for sale as a sticky (which is what I tried to do (but for a WTB thread) manually for some friends, but the thread got locked by a mod simply because it was a shortcut), so that people can quickly scan all the items for sale (based on sunglass model) to make it easier and so this bumping issue is removed from the equation.

Also, I know for non-paying members (who still qualify to post in the exchange section) they can't change thread titles in normal (non-exchange threads). I'm not sure if this also applies to exchange threads too.

Also, @neill, the reverse is true. I hate having to continuously "bump" a thread just to make my stuff that is still for sale, seen. It's not that I'm lazy. It's just that I feel I'd rather not spend my time doing it (especially if you have a few for sale threads going at the same time - see poor @Steven Goldberg!! Every 2 days, he must spend about 10-15 minutes trying to locate all his threads to bump them so that people can actually know they're still there!!!) and unnecessary thread space. I've already made suggestions to the boss to create an index list of what actually is for sale as a sticky (which is what I tried to do (but for a WTB thread) manually for some friends, but the thread got locked by a mod simply because it was a shortcut), so that people can quickly scan all the items for sale (based on sunglass model) to make it easier and so this bumping issue is removed from the equation.

You make many excellent points. There definitely is room for improvement on the site end of things.

I was referring to bumping of “Sold” items only. When someone posts “Sold” on a thread that hasn’t been bumped in 2 months. There is absolutely no reason to bump that thread to the top just to mark it sold. In fact, it just clutters the top of the list of items that people actually need to sell. They should just lock that thread, edit the title to sold, and edit their description or last post to mark it sold.

All of this garbage posted and not even 24 hours removed from Christmas Day....

Jeeeez....

You make many excellent points. There definitely is room for improvement on the site end of things.

I was referring to bumping of “Sold” items only. When someone posts “Sold” on a thread that hasn’t been bumped in 2 months. There is absolutely no reason to bump that thread to the top just to mark it sold. In fact, it just clutters the top of the list of items that people actually need to sell. They should just lock that thread, edit the title to sold, and edit their description or last post to mark it sold.
Sorry, I misunderstood. Is it possible that people do it so that anyone who showed interest in the item is automatically notified?

Thanks...haha. I wanted to but couldn't figure out how to do it. It has worked for me in the past but maybe something has changed?

Here's a walkthrough on mobile that might help someone.

Locate the sale thread and select the Thread Tools option

If you deselect the box beside "Open," it will lock the thread.
IMG_6591.jpg

Click "Edit Title" and it will bring this up.
IMG_6590.jpg

Click the Prefix dropdown and select the appropriate prefix. Lastly, click "Save Changes" and it's done.
IMG_6593.jpg

Back