• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Badman & Madman Photos *Buyer Beware

Hey Ventruck, Sorry, but some of us know nothing about MadMan. I wore MOONS for seven years, so they interest me.
I'm sure that BAD fakes can be made out of any pair of Oakleys, but making a GOOD copy of these seems like it would be very hard to make a believable copy. I hope You have a big ass so at least laughing it off will do You some good. SABH.

Hey Ventruck, Sorry, but some of us know nothing about MadMan. I wore MOONS for seven years, so they interest me.
I'm sure that BAD fakes can be made out of any pair of Oakleys, but making a GOOD copy of these seems like it would be very hard to make a believable copy. I hope You have a big ass so at least laughing it off will do You some good. SABH.

Calm down...

I'm sure @Ventruck was poking fun of the design of the Madman. It certainly isn't all that complex; heck, any idiot can take it apart (intentionally or otherwise).

What does SABH mean?

Sent from Q's Note5

but making a GOOD copy of these seems like it would be very hard to make a believable copy.

As you were reading this thread's history before chiming in, you may recall it mentions a couple of times that these fakes are likely made at the same factory in China as the originals, using the same molds but a different stock of materials...

Yes. I should have read farther back. Yet, I don't see anything wrong with an observation that the fakers are taking on very complex models. The connecting points and angles are so complex, they could make easie money. I would have made the same observation if I read every thread on the forum.
SABH- Something I follow on every forum. Should Always Be Helpful. Otherwise, why be here?
We're here to learn, not show how crappy we can treat people that we don't even know.

Last edited:
@Wally Taylor , FYI there's 2 categories of fakes out there for any products, including Badman:
1. crappy fake from a crappy mould and using cheapest material possible
2. high quality fakes, probably reusing or having access to the same original moulds used by the genuine items and thus have 99%+ accuracy replicas

The former is easy to tell apart because they scream $2 items at a flea market; the latter is actually not easy to differentiate from the original if you don't know what to look for. Both methods aren't difficult to do regardless of complex shapes and what not.

As for the Badman/Madman, bear in mind these were retailing around $400 and the fakes were available within months of official release. The fakes have already been made and just because the market value of an item has now fallen to $100 doesn't mean fakes won't exist. In fact, a lot of the wires were faked and are still in circulation on ebay and amazon - and they're under $50 a pop.

It's bad for the market for now. I heard something about telling the difference between Unobtainium and whatever crap they used on the fakes. It will get sorted out, and it's always in the details.
I play guitar in a band, and all that I play are Gibsons. The Chinese think they can copy Gibsons, but You can tell it's fake crap the second You open the case. They make absolute crap. Gibsons aren't what they were 40 years ago, but they're still doing it right. The Chinese crap has no feel, and it has no tone.

Yes. I should have read farther back. Yet, I don't see anything wrong with an observation that the fakers are taking on very complex models. The connecting points and angles are so complex, they could make easie money. I would have made the same observation if I read every thread on the forum.
SABH- Something I follow on every forum. Should Always Be Helpful. Otherwise, why be here?
We're here to learn, not show how crappy we can treat people that we don't even know.
Sorry but I'm only helpful in roughly 1 post per thousand unfortunately;)

Back