• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake?!? Just bought Jawbreakers

I mean they're all real websites... but you mean legit sellers of Oakley.

Provide more information and pictures and we can tell you better, and why you think they may be fakes?

meh. not a bad price but it is new site copyright this year. I hope you used a credit card and better yet used a virtual number.

Edit... site looks legit if they just portal pay through amazon/google/apple pay prices are OK. you should be good.

meh. not a bad price but it is new site copyright this year. I hope you used a credit card and better yet used a virtual number.
The domain has been around since 1997, and a lot of site designs have their copyright date self updating to the current year (especially if it's Wordpress/Woocommerce/shopify based).

Funny thing is when they go out of their way to exclaim that they're legit.

1632269494129.png

Though almost all of their resources are hosted off a CDN that seems popular for launching multiple sites of the same content but different names/brand identity. And they're also using CloudFlare so you can't easily see where exactly they're hosted either.

1632269585543.png

But I'm curious about seeing pictures of the actual JawBreaker, that'll be the real answer.

Paid 170$ which is 60$ below retail. They feel cheap but to be fair I never have felt what a real pair feels like.

Looks like a standard Oakley Jawbreaker, Retina Burn series (and the serial number on the inside matches OO9290-2631 for that exact colorway).

Is there a particular reason why you think it's fake? It looks pretty authentic from here.

Paid 170$ which is 60$ below retail. They feel cheap but to be fair I never have felt what a real pair feels like.

It's not uncommon to find some of the common frames for around 30% off (hell Oakley will usually just throw a 30% coupon at you to resolve complaints), Basically you got about 25% off which isn't uncommon.

I would be more suspicious if it was $50 paid.

If they didn't come with a box/etc as DBninc mentioned they could be second hand.

Back