• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FB Marketplace Scammer — Romeo 2 —Texarkana

TravisCook

I should Work at Oakley
Huntington, AR
Buyers BEWARE.

Seller with the name of Josh Jones, on Facebook marketplace sold me a pair of Romeo 2’s (I should’ve caught red flag when he sent me his baby mama’s info). Called the number he sent, (it was his baby mama’s phone number). Caller her, she answered immediately (she was at a softball game — you can hear everything in background, and also found her fb and she had photos and videos, so, that made me feel more “at-ease”, that the person is real. Keep in mind, it was the guy that listed the glasses. This was the only time I made payment with 3’rd part app/service (Venmo). Only sent Venmo because cash app and PayPal for some reason would not send payment.

Anyway, he had a pair of Romeo 2’s listed for $80. I sent the offer and he accepted.

Got word from the lady, that he actually went and robbed her last night. If you see him selling Oakleys, I highly suggest not purchasing from him. I’m out $92 (I included $12 extra for shipping and fees)

B85E2C71-A82C-4FEE-9512-4E88A7F0DE09.png
E539D434-FC81-411D-8216-59FF4EA57D0A.jpeg

He robbed her last night? Sounds like a scam she’s a part of. Don’t pay with any method you can’t contest later.

$92 is a cheap way to learn... it could have been allot more! The reason Cash App and PayPal said no is I am sure they have been blacklisted on those apps. If Paypal shakes its head no you should listen... they are aware of something you may not be. Good chance they both robbed someone and are using their phone # as well as selling their glasses! I think we all have taken chances we should not have and learned a lesson somewhere in our history. Be glad yours is so cheap!

Yep. Lesson learned. I feel that they are both tied into it somehow, along with myself. Glad it wasn’t more than a $100 bill. Had a strong gut feeling in the beginning, but, decided to go against it.

Just a heads up for (possible) future marketplace items he may sell.

I’ve had sellers on OfferUp do the same crap, takes offer through the app but then tells me they don’t want to handle payment through the app, want Venmo to make things “easier”. Anytime some days that I ghost em, f’ that bullchit!

Marketplace just seems weird sometimes. Like for example, not saying anything bout the frames themselves... but seriously looks like he took a picture of a picture on his computer monitor for the listing (and the pictures seem familiar to another seller).

And then you got locals to me selling mountain dew for $100 Log into Facebook

Anyone ever actually get a decent deal without a headache thru the FB Marketplace ?

Marketplace just seems weird sometimes. Like for example, not saying anything bout the frames themselves... but seriously looks like he took a picture of a picture on his computer monitor for the listing (and the pictures seem familiar to another seller).

And then you got locals to me selling mountain dew for $100 Log into Facebook

Anyone ever actually get a decent deal without a headache thru the FB Marketplace ?
Yeah, I scored some metals not too long ago, but we connected through a collectors group first. the wife sells kid's stuff all the time, and I have sold electronics as well. Also recently picked up a set of wheels ant tires for my car for a few hundred more than the tires only, (take-offs). I think it needs to be treated like craigslist. unless you are meeting in person or willing to lose the $ because it ain't that much, I would use whatever protection available when buying something that would be shipped.

Back