• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Blades (and EVZeros Coming Soon)

TheHambone

Oakley Expert
Omaha, NE
I picked these up off of the 'bay recently to replace a pair of Carbon Blades that I bought from a Vault Store a little over a year ago. Unfortunately the pair I replaced were broken when I fell down a hill awhile back. I know the CBlades aren't exactly known around here for being very durable, but to be fair, they were in a backpack which I landed on, and I also broke both my ankle and fibula in several places from the fall (on the bright side, the cost of surgery made me not feel so bad about the cost of replacing the glasses :biggrin:), so there aren't too many pairs of shades I would expect to have survived a fall like that. The frame damage was limited to a broken outer lens mounting post, but the lenses got scratched up as well. Lesson learned on keeping sunglasses in a micro cloth bag on an exterior pocket in a backpack.

I also have a pair of green fade EVZero Ranges that I got off of eBay that I can add a pic or two of once I get them. I love the green fade colorway, I like that the green fade Zeros have a unique lens, and the style is reminiscent enough of the M Frames for me that it was definitely worth picking them up.

oaks.jpg

Congrats. The Carbon Blade is pretty sweet. Looking forward to seeing the green fade Zero.

Thanks! They're definitely the nicest sunglasses I've owned so far. I'm a sucker for carbon, and I like that they're light and it's easy to make them fit right. Hopefully the fitment with the Zeros is good, from what I've read they're about the same weight as the Carbon Blades.

Got the EVZeros yesterday. I also picked up a pair of Prizm Shallow Water lenses for my Flak 2.0s so I can use them for fishing. I like that the color is close to the jade green iridium lenses that came with it, so it keeps them looking stock.

I also have a pair of Straight Jackets that I've had forever but haven't done anything with. They got beat up from falling off of my old motorcycle and landing awkwardly on pavement, so I replaced the lenses and sanded down the frame to take out all the scratches and try to get everything as smooth as possible. I'm going to slap some paint on them and see if I can make them wearable again.

oaks2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back