• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire in the hole!!!! {Grenade Trophy}

Not to sound prideful but $450 isnt a significant sum for me. I like the Way it looks! Doesn't seem like its really that much different from a legit one and there are so many replica display items of different kinds I dont think it is out of place in any collection.

I wish it was a legit oakley creation sure. Was hoping it was authentic, but from the sounds of it this is almost an identical casting.
I also just dont see these for sale ever. If there are so many floating around why are they never on Ebay (till right now) and not on the forum except for years ago in a listing I found (selling for the same $450)?

I dont know. It looks killer :)

But I think I have the answer and its not one of the ones given out that didn't have a name plate.
The part where you say you don’t see them for sale is what I don’t agree with.
Not much into social media myself but I've been in the O-game too long to not miss out on O creations that are sold and advertised as replicas.
I'd pay double that for anything tastefully done and advertized as replicas.
The mold wasn't produced from the original, rest assured.
Not a debate here; you're happy that's what matters.
I prefer to warn unsuspecting members here especially when they aren't advertised as replicas.

Here's for you to salivate at these that I had mentioned about in an earlier post:

nuff said.

Not much into social media myself but I've been in the O-game too long to not miss out on O creations that are sold and advertised as replicas.
I prefer to warn unsuspecting members here especially when they aren't advertised as replicas.

Here's for you to salivate at these that I had mentioned about in an earlier post:

nuff said.
Those are epic! Wish I could get my hands on one of those :)

nuff said.
Where have you seen these (mine) for sale?

There are a ton of the replica Grenade trophies out there. They were many offered years ago but offerings have slowed down quite a bit since collectors have become aware of the fakes and have been calling out sellers for selling fakes. There are replicas of the other casted trophies such as the two bomb trophies, the tall HQ, the Frog on the landmine.

The original fakes of the Grenades and the Bombs came from a very high profile and well known collector in California with a huge collection that got a little too greedy and unsuspectingly sold a fake one to another high profile collector. Those were recasted off of the real original trophy and the results were very good. All the little details came out clean.

Future generations are thought to be mostly recasts of the original recasts so some did not come out so cleanly. The teeth may not have been well defined. The O logo beneath the teeth is not as clean, nose is not well defined, the groove lines on the base is not pronounced.

There are a ton of the replica Grenade trophies out there. They were many offered years ago but offerings have slowed down quite a bit since collectors have become aware of the fakes and have been calling out sellers for selling fakes. There are replicas of the other casted trophies such as the two bomb trophies, the tall HQ, the Frog on the landmine.

The original fakes of the Grenades and the Bombs came from a very high profile and well known collector in California with a huge collection that got a little too greedy and unsuspectingly sold a fake one to another high profile collector. Those were recasted off of the real original trophy and the results were very good. All the little details came out clean.

Future generations are thought to be mostly recasts of the original recasts so some did not come out so cleanly. The teeth may not have been well defined. The O logo beneath the teeth is not as clean, nose is not well defined, the groove lines on the base is not pronounced.
Long live @FearGearGarage

If all thats the case then I am still impressed with this grenade. Lots of details are there and it honestly looks like something that could be handed out as an award. Doesnt look cheap or poorly made. Its a very good recast from my perspective.

Back