• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘FMJ Owner's List

No one has ever looked at a watch and said wow check out that movement. It cant be seen or appreciated except by those who know timepieces inside and out. They have said that bracelet looks really cool. That can be more widely appreciated. Rolex to me is like a Bugatti. Expensive but not beautiful. The Hollowpoint braclet is what Im looking for in a watch. Something different. Not vanilla

It depends on how much into horology you are. For the collectors the movement is where it is at. It is where the companies invest the big money. Otherwise quartz watches would be preferred. After all the quartz movement is superior in nearly every way in a technical aspect. Also, it is actually pretty easy to fake the bracelet, case and dial, but few can fake a movement. Some some would call the Rolex vanilla because its design has been replicated by many brands. That’s cool. Some would say the FMJ is vanilla because of its generic movement. That is cool. Too.

It depends on how much into horology you are. For the collectors the movement is where it is at. It is where the companies invest the big money. Otherwise quartz watches would be preferred. After all the quartz movement is superior in nearly every way in a technical aspect. Also, it is actually pretty easy to fake the bracelet, case and dial, but few can fake a movement. Some some would call the Rolex vanilla because its design has been replicated by many brands. That’s cool. Some would say the FMJ is vanilla because of its generic movement. That is cool. Too.

So no matter what everyone is cool here?

I was hoping to see WW3 start over this!

So no matter what everyone is cool here?

I was hoping to see WW3 start over this!
Medusa will never submit! Never!

Although, I do agree the Submariner is meh...but the Daytona is sweet! Now, I do consider the FMJ to be just as sweet, even with the 7750 (I think they were made to COSC spec), but my point is the Daytona sells for more than the FMJ, but I could be wrong. Both are outside of my price range right now, so I don’t exactly track prices.

The 7750 is a ubiquitous movement. It did more for the industry than perhaps any other mechancal movement. Its lever operating alternative to orbital wheels was uniquely responsible for allowing it to become mass produced nd arguably is existent in virtually any fine watch shop across many brands which is a testament to its reliability and accuracy. It is COSC certified in my mediocre FMJ

The 7750 is a ubiquitous movement. It did more for the industry than perhaps any other mechancal movement. Its lever operating alternative to orbital wheels was uniquely responsible for allowing it to become mass produced nd arguably is existent in virtually any fine watch shop across many brands which is a testament to its reliability and accuracy. It is COSC certified in my mediocre FMJ
Nobody has said the FMJ is mediocre from what I’ve read. I have a Breitling Avenger with the 7750 and its solid...it’s what I can afford for now. I have no qualms with Oakley using that movement. I honestly wish they had used that movement in some of their other watches, like a MM or HP. I know price would have been higher, but I think quite a few watch companies offer the same watch or similar watch with quartz or mechanical movements...

0997E964-49CA-4074-80A7-66999DC952A6.jpeg

Back