• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ Repair?

r3dh3r0

I should Work at Oakley
I have a pair of OTT where the fmj under the right orbital has a mark (black spot). I'll attach a picture, but can anyone touch this up or fix it? Screenshot_20231205-143419.png

I once repaired something with a similar finish with a chrome paint pen. It allowed me to dull the "chrome" afterward with steel wool as needed. Maybe buy one and do a little experiment on something you don't care about. 🤷

There are now, chrome paints which look like real chrome(or close too it). Molotow(as referred to by @Solomon_Denali) is the manufacturer of the most reflective paint. This comes in three different pen sizes. You can decant it and spray with an airbrush. The paint isn't the most robust so handle with care and will require a top coat of gloss. But they do suggest this will diminish the sheen.

Or there's also a MUCH cheaper alternative with Green Stuff World, which give you the choice of hand brushed or airbrushed paints, in Chrome.

There are now, chrome paints which look like real chrome(or close too it). Molotow(as referred to by @Solomon_Denali) is the manufacturer of the most reflective paint. This comes in three different pen sizes. You can decant it and spray with an airbrush. The paint isn't the most robust so handle with care and will require a top coat of gloss. But they do suggest this will diminish the sheen.

Or there's also a MUCH cheaper alternative with Green Stuff World, which give you the choice of hand brushed or airbrushed paints, in Chrome.
"Krink" is super chrome as well. Trust me on that. Very hard to remove also.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to look into it. Was hoping someone on here did it too. They'll do a better job than I will.

Haven't seen anything about this particular paint: will look into it.

Would appear to be the same as Green Stuff World, possibly....but more expensive.
Krink is particular. It was made for graffiti and to be nearly impossible to remove , by a graff writer from NY by the name of KR1. Hence KR-INK. There is a vice doc on him.

Back