• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fortune cookie

Querulant

Oakley Enthusiast
Spain
Some months ago, i bought on the internet some "vintage sunglasses". They looked like a Jawbone and on the foto in the anouncement you could see the name in the plastic. The price was supercheap and they came with bag, carrying box, replacement lenses, everything. Nowhere you could read the word Oakley, so for me it was pretty clear that this was a fake. I bought it for the box and my curiosity about the size.
So, the quality was not so bad, the plastic felt just like my Turbine, which came from an Oakley shop. Not like a Hijinx or anything older that i own, but okey, i know the problem. They were a little bit too small, so they end up as safety glasses in my grinderbox.
I made this thread because of the last foto, a small paper which i found a the bottom of the box. For me it is THE undenieable proof of fake, whatever comes with it.
DSC00045.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
DSC00043.JPG
DSC00042.JPG

Often, when i order circuit boards or other small stuff from China, there is some similar paper inside as well, like in a fortune cookie.
Have you seen more things like this?

Some months ago, i bought on the internet some "vintage sunglasses". They looked like a Jawbone and on the foto in the anouncement you could see the name in the plastic. The price was supercheap and they came with bag, carrying box, replacement lenses, everything. Nowhere you could read the word Oakley, so for me it was pretty clear that this was a fake. I bought it for the box and my curiosity about the size.
So, the quality was not so bad, the plastic felt just like my Turbine, which came from an Oakley shop. Not like a Hijinx or anything older that i own, but okey, i know the problem. They were a little bit too small, so they end up as safety glasses in my grinderbox.
I made this thread because of the last foto, a small paper which i found a the bottom of the box. For me it is THE undenieable proof of fake, whatever comes with it.View attachment 1086963View attachment 1086964View attachment 1086965View attachment 1086966
Often, when i order circuit boards or other small stuff from China, there is some similar paper inside as well, like in a fortune cookie.
Have you seen more things like this?
Few legit G-Shocks that I ordered from reputable sellers in Japan also had a similar note in them.

Polish_20230928_063300196.png

Last edited:
Back