• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame and lens type size/fit close to original half jacket xl (hybrid?)?

Barbie B.

Oakley Beginner
I am trying to figure out what original Oakley glasses frame/lenses I have, and what’s the closest in size to them to replace with. I believe they may be an original half jacket, with xl lenses that arch over my cheek bones and fit my small face. Were the original half jacket lenses significantly smaller (narrower in width and maybe even height) than the half jacket 2.0 lenses? Did there used to be a half jacket or pro m frame xl hybrid lens? (Would swear hybrid was in the name of my legacy Oakley pairs.)
I have a small face w high cheek bones and my bridge is slightly higher than my pupils, so the shorter lens with arched bottom shape fit me better on my prior glasses, so I’ve never been as happy with the newer version…but just ’couldn’t put my finger on’ why/what the difference might be. Then went to put in my replacement lens in my old frame and had the “AHA” moment. Now just want to find a better/more similar fit frame and lens combo. Maybe a youth quarter jacket, but that’s listed as a “L” frame? And would I wear a high bridge or low bridge? Got wrong info from the store reps, so lots of wrong size glasses and replacement lenses….Help?
In the photo, I may be even looking slightly up, with my finger resting on my bridge, so my bridge is definitely higher than my pupils.

835C57C7-DB10-4906-A477-E168B0513E13.jpeg

A7E15F9A-C43E-4D12-B91F-F7D006F5FB1B.jpeg

F9EAE3D0-9E66-404D-B07B-3EE209D97DF0.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

03962B3E-CB9C-44BD-A8B5-3EE94FB0EC0C.jpeg

Well, those prizm lenses will not fit that so called first gen Half Jacket. People refer them as half Jackets 1.0, but they are just Half Jackets & you have Half Jackets 2.0 like @Rick58 said, did you try swapping out the nose pads?

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out what original Oakley glasses frame/lenses I have, and what’s the closest in size to them to replace with. I believe they may be an original half jacket, with xl lenses that arch over my cheek bones and fit my small face. Were the original half jacket lenses significantly smaller (narrower in width and maybe even height) than the half jacket 2.0 lenses? Did there used to be a half jacket or pro m frame xl hybrid lens? (Would swear hybrid was in the name of my legacy Oakley pairs.)
I have a small face w high cheek bones and my bridge is slightly higher than my pupils, so the shorter lens with arched bottom shape fit me better on my prior glasses, so I’ve never been as happy with the newer version…but just ’couldn’t put my finger on’ why/what the difference might be. Then went to put in my replacement lens in my old frame and had the “AHA” moment. Now just want to find a better/more similar fit frame and lens combo. Maybe a youth quarter jacket, but that’s listed as a “L” frame? And would I wear a high bridge or low bridge? Got wrong info from the store reps, so lots of wrong size glasses and replacement lenses….Help?
In the photo, I may be even looking slightly up, with my finger resting on my bridge, so my bridge is definitely higher than my pupils.

View attachment 1043631

View attachment 1043632

View attachment 1043633

View attachment 1043634

View attachment 1043636

View attachment 1043637
Hello

Back