• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin vs Stringer

socalTrojan

Oakley Beginner
I was looking for an affordable daily beater pair of glasses.

Online, both frames look similar to me.

I’m guessing in this discussion group, most of you are experienced with Frogskins and may also have encountered Stringers. I have zero experience myself.

Anyone willing to share your experience and observations of the two styles?

Thanks in advance!

Can't beat the clean look of Frogskins. I feel like all the other lifestyle sunglasses these days draw from the Frogskin for inspiration, if that make sense at all given the Frogskin is pretty plain.

Can't beat the clean look of Frogskins. I feel like all the other lifestyle sunglasses these days draw from the Frogskin for inspiration, if that make sense at all given the Frogskin is pretty plain.
True, an the Stringers aren't too far away from the design of the Latch - my votes for the Frogs.
If you're looking for a slightly wider lens check out the Mainlinks, if you wanna stay away from rubbers the Slivers are same size lenses in just omatter.

My mom wears both and much prefers the Stringer. She says it fits better. Stringers can also be found for cheap from the discount sellers.

Are frogskin arms attached with screws?
I noticed the Stringer arms are snapped onto the frame. Super plasticity feel

Back