• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Ti

Figured I'd add some fuel to the fire.

Picked this up from a Sunglass hut for $178

20221122_165010.jpg

above it says frogskins Ti so I’d say it’s actual titanium.
They should be about the same weight as regular Frogskins. If they’re heavier, it’s probably another compound.
Looking at the wire-like ear part of the stems, it probably is Ti. Anything else would probably be kind of dangerously fragile. I wonder how many Volts or watts to make them. But, maybe they came up with less crazy ways to work Ti after all of god Titanium parts that go into all of the stuff that NASA puts into orbit.

Last edited:
Old tread but… Had to read it through, i can understand the mixed feelings about how limited the release was in the end.

Orderd a pair today from sunglass hut in Spain at discount. I like the clean look on the frames and glad to get them to a decent price.

One question regarding the lenses, are they as easy to change as in regular plastic frames?

Kind regards, Mosse

Old tread but… Had to read it through, i can understand the mixed feelings about how limited the release was in the end.

Orderd a pair today from sunglass hut in Spain at discount. I like the clean look on the frames and glad to get them to a decent price.

One question regarding the lenses, are they as easy to change as in regular plastic frames?

Kind regards, Mosse
Lens change is apparently easy. One Orbital screw to open. Most standard Frogskins lenses fit with little to no modification.

I love these. eBay asking price is insane for them though lol. How much did they sell for originally?

I love these. eBay asking price is insane for them though lol. How much did they sell for originally?
RRP was $410

Try sunglasshut - they did have them at less than rrp.
selfridges in the uk have them for £249 ($310) and it looks like they have three pairs in stock...

Back