• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine Romeo with low serial number?

simommb

Oakley Beginner
Morning,

This is my first post so hopefully it is in the correct category. I purchased a pair of Romeo 1s in South Africa recently. The sunglasses were originally purchased by the owner in South Africa as well. The serial number on the sunglasses matches the serial number on the box. The main difference between this pair and other pairs I see online is that the serial number on the sunglasses is positioned further away from the X metal logo.

Are these genuine? Do you have an idea of during which year they may have been manufactured and why the serial number position appears different to other pairs?

Many thanks for the help.

20210213_180512_resized_1.jpg

20210213_180613_resized_1.jpg

20210213_180556_resized_1.jpg

Many thanks for the feedback. Really good to know they are genuine. I was happy with the low serial number.

Nice early Plasma. I have no idea when the other colour ways started to be produced, my best guess would be mid/late 1997 or early 1998 with a low serial number like that. I am sure there are people here who probably remember when the alternate Romeo colours started to appear in stores.

The early 4 digit Romeos also have the serial number etched near the bottom as well, nothing to worry about.

AE57BAA9-8B51-479E-A026-95B3E422355D.jpeg

Thank you for the additional information. The only thing about the sunglasses is not having the original lenses. I will work towards find a pair.

Thank you for the additional information. The only thing about the sunglasses is not having the original lenses. I will work towards find a pair.

No problem. Good luck, original fire lenses with x-metal etching are very difficult to find, especially without any cracks.

btw, my plasma with #5709 also has the serial number printed lower down as well. You can see a bunch more that people posted with the same thing here:

IMG_7203.jpg

Latest Posts

Back