• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Gold Athlete Frogskins - Brand new - REDUCED AGAIN!

Username Hidden said:
That dont smell right
x2 No mention of them on the rarest frogs thread is kind of strange?...

I recall seeing Rio Gold Samples that were on fleebay that closely match, minus the icon color - but they have the same robust hinges as OP's.
oh.jpgs-l1600.jpgPhoto_4_5_18_9_57_51_am.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
:popcorn:

Username Hidden said:

It definetly looks different than the pair anton had for sale.....just saying

Username Hidden said:
x2 No mention of them on the rarest frogs thread is kind of strange?...

I recall seeing Rio Gold Samples that were on fleebay that closely match, minus the icon color - but they have the same robust hinges as OP's.
View attachment 522455View attachment 522456View attachment 522457
You can bet they made a ton of them. Samples, prototypes, gifts or whatever. The seller thats selling the ones on Ebay is a friend of mine. They are from HQ.. colors probably varied as they tried different things. The set of 3 for the Rio Olympics in my opinion would be worth more than just one. Especially if it had been verified it was given to an Olympian. Just saying... I know a few folks with all 3 and it's a neat thing.. the more that surface the less these prototypes or samples or whatever will sell for.

Username Hidden said:
You can bet they made a ton of them. Samples, prototypes, gifts or whatever. The seller thats selling the ones on Ebay is a friend of mine. They are from HQ.. colors probably varied as they tried different things. The set of 3 for the Rio Olympics in my opinion would be worth more than just one. Especially if it had been varied it was given to an Olympian. Just saying... I know a few folks with all 3 and it's a neat thing.. the more that surface the less these prototypes or samples or whatever will sell for.
I tried to color correct OP & your friends but came to the conclusion that they were in fact different tones of gold - prefer eBay ones personally... but I’m wondering about their likelihood of being from Sochi as OP mentioned, if there truth to that definitely a first for me to see

Username Hidden said:
I tried to color correct OP & your friends but came to the conclusion that they were in fact different tones of gold - prefer eBay ones personally... but I’m wondering about their likelihood of being from Sochi as OP mentioned, if there truth to that definitely a first for me to see
Yeah I never heard of them being distributed at that Olympics. Only the Rio games. First for me too.