• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gold timebomb

You have any photos of yours?
5489B52F-ADDD-4742-A7D7-8B11898232AA.jpeg
B581981A-4CCE-4DDD-B2A6-99E13C908322.jpeg
DBB8BAAB-A57A-4704-98F2-F3F66892F482.jpeg

I would guess those hands are aftermarket. Never seen cathedral style hands on a oakley watch and being that the hands should be gold to match they couldn’t go with hands from another tb1. Although that’s what I would of done. I’m guessing it was an incomplete watch maybe something they used at a proto while building and someone completed with aftermarket hands. Or they just liked that style better. Still a nice tb1.

I would guess those hands are aftermarket. Never seen cathedral style hands on a oakley watch and being that the hands should be gold to match they couldn’t go with hands from another tb1. Although that’s what I would of done. I’m guessing it was an incomplete watch maybe something they used at a proto while building and someone completed with aftermarket hands. Or they just liked that style better. Still a nice tb1.
its possible. the guy worked for oakley for 30 years right under Jim, id guess it was just for a different look.

Its a super low serial, so im not sure why he would get an aftermarket set of hands.

In my collecting of O, I never really considered buying the grail “gold timebomb”

After seeing it in person, and seeing it’s beauty, my perspective changed.

Quite an expensive timepiece, but considering it’s made out of 100 percent gold excluding the movement and glass. Based on the fluctuating costs of gold, I got a solid deal from a local dude.

His history of oakley was second to none after buying many items from him on separate occasions.

On my likely final buying visit, I picked this beauty up with a few others.

I’ll take more photos at a later date, but I figured to take a nice profile to show her off 😉

View attachment 985729
Fantastic watch ❤️👍

In my collecting of O, I never really considered buying the grail “gold timebomb”

After seeing it in person, and seeing it’s beauty, my perspective changed.

Quite an expensive timepiece, but considering it’s made out of 100 percent gold excluding the movement and glass. Based on the fluctuating costs of gold, I got a solid deal from a local dude.

His history of oakley was second to none after buying many items from him on separate occasions.

On my likely final buying visit, I picked this beauty up with a few others.

I’ll take more photos at a later date, but I figured to take a nice profile to show her off 😉

View attachment 985729
Good lord.

Back