• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket Question

Zax

Chicago
Hey, I'm getting a pair of chrome Half Jacket's tomorrow and want to know if the nose bombs for the Flak's are the same as the Half Jacket's. I know I need the large bombs for the Flak's, so I'm sure I'll need them for the Half Jacket's, especially an XLJ Style. Any input?

The large ones anyway are the same I have interchanged them... Call o because I bought 10 packs and they were listed as Flak Jacket/Half Jacket Nose bombs on invoice...I put them on all Flaks and halfs I own and they were the same....the other rubber parts for stems etc are not the same so the kits are different.

Ok, yes they do fit, but not correctly and they're shaped differently.

I just pulled out my Half Jackets and my Flak Jackets to double check.

If you want to save the money and not buy the half jacket pieces, you can use the flak nose bombs. If you want it to fit how it's supposed to, buy the HJ kit.

Thanks guys! The seller actually gave me the large nose bombs with them, and I found out they are indeed different. The Flak Jacket ones are more stubby, while the Half Jacket ones are longer. Haven't tried interchanging them yet. The lenses are different though...right?

Thanks guys! The seller actually gave me the large nose bombs with them, and I found out they are indeed different. The Flak Jacket ones are more stubby, while the Half Jacket ones are longer. Haven't tried interchanging them yet. The lenses are different though...right?

The Half Jacket lenses are hooked more in the corners. The two sets I have began to curl the hooks in since my dad was bit lazy with lens changes. The Flak Jacket lens hooks are beefier and have more material supporting them.

Just be sure to bend the frame out when making lens swaps and not just click the lens up into the frame at the nose and they should remain in good shape. I can illustrate this better when I get home tonight if you'd like.

I've changed the lenses on the Flak's a lot. I'm guessing they're the same way. I'll try the Flak Nose bombs. The large ones work pretty well, but push the top of the frame up a little close to my brow. Maybe the Flak's will have a better fit.

Latest Posts

Back