• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket Question

Yeah I have a real thin bridge so it may just be I need the large Flak Bombs on my Halfs...Funny I did buy a pair of halfs a while back that came with large bombs and they were identical to large Flak...an O mistake I guess or person who sold em switched...either way worked for me

Tried the Flaks and prefer the Half Jackets. the fit is almost identical, but the flaks push the frame up and hits my brow unfortunately. Btw brip, how do you like the valve? I was thinking Of getting that or the scar. They are awesome looking!

Grab all the halfs u can b4 the 2.0 comes out-O store has been told they will be sent to Vaults soon.I have about 7 halfs and 9 flaks...love em both

I might actually resell this chrome pair I got. The chrome is a little flashy for my taste haha. Just makes me want the Carbon Juliet's 10x more, hammerstem or not haha.

qC1uI.jpg

vaults had the Black G30 for 77 a while back Great for light rain/overcast even tho not a golfer

Tried the Flaks and prefer the Half Jackets. the fit is almost identical, but the flaks push the frame up and hits my brow unfortunately. Btw brip, how do you like the valve? I was thinking Of getting that or the scar. They are awesome looking!

the valve actually looks REALLY nice wearing it. but the bad part is it touches my cheeks (alot, and thats not usually a problem for me so this frame must be designed differently), and the FMJ on the insides touch my temples ever so lightly that it'll catch sweat and no doubt peel after awhile if i keep wearing them. but again, looks SICK. i think the scar is the more popular amongst forum members? Ive never tried one on. the valve i got for cheap so cant complain!

I love the Scar. I consider them to be a cousin of the X Metal family due to the X Metal slug they used at the temples.

They fit me very well. I always felt they fit the same as my monster dogs. Curvature of the frame in it's entirety fits perfect. The only thing is that they're kinda loud in both design and colorways. The only one that's subdued is the Black with Black Iridium. I have the Persimmon/Black Iridium and even i think that one is too loud for me.

Back