• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakley Half X Parts

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

So I just picked up a Half X and it needs a new left spring hinge and the screw is stripped.

If anyone has a parts Half X that they would like to sell to me that would be great.

If anyone needs a right arm or any other parts send me a PM and I hopefully I can help another member out to bring a dead frame back to life.

The frame I have is Carbon with BIP.

Thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
Sucks about that paperweight of yours. Hopefully there are parts out there.

I don't have springs but I do have the screws.

Username Hidden said:
So I just picked up a Half X and it needs a new left spring hinge and the screw is stripped.

If anyone has a parts Half X that they would like to sell to me that would be great.

If anyone needs a right arm or any other parts send me a PM and I hopefully I can help another member out to bring a dead frame back to life.

The frame I have is Carbon with BIP.

Thanks

Can't help you with parts, but here's some info which might help you resolve your issue..

BHarry mentioned purchasing a repaired Half-X which used a Hatchet as a donor HERE
An Scarface provided a walk-through on a Hatchet Repair Thread utilizing a Razr Wire as a donor

So there's two more possible donors you can utilize for sourcing parts... maybe?

If the plate is missing/broken as well you might try to fab up your own as JetIntakePort did..

Some more examples of hinge plates that were made can be found in this thread.

General Info.

There is hope josh... I mean not for you but maybe your half x. That’s got to count for something😁. Btw don’t forget your bag at my place.

Username Hidden said:
Can't help you with parts, but here's some info which might help you resolve your issue..

BHarry mentioned purchasing a repaired Half-X which used a Hatchet as a donor HERE
An Scarface provided a walk-through on a Hatchet Repair Thread utilizing a Razr Wire as a donor

So there's two more possible donors you can utilize for sourcing parts... maybe?

If the plate is missing/broken as well you might try to fab up your own as JetIntakePort did..

Some more examples of hinge plates that were made can be found in this thread.

Awesome. Thanks for digging in the archives for me!!!! I did a couple quick rudimentary searches with no luck so I went to posting a buying thread. I will keep an eye on the bay and my other option is to make a new one myself like those guys did. I am quite crafty so I should be able to knock the work out.

I’ll let you guys know how it goes!!!!

Username Hidden said:
Awesome. Thanks for digging in the archives for me!!!! I did a couple quick rudimentary searches with no luck so I went to posting a buying thread. I will keep an eye on the bay and my other option is to make a new one myself like those guys did. I am quite crafty so I should be able to knock the work out.

I’ll let you guys know how it goes!!!!
I had them bookmarked already, since I'd previously considered picking up a pair for restoration but it didn't work out. The plate seems easy enough to make, sourcing a spring w/o spending a ton is the tough part - there was a guy a while back who had a bunch of new razr wires for cheap; if I find his listing I'll forward it to you ;)

Last edited:
Those screws are a pain to remove. I gave up with the one in mine. Best of luck bud. Maybe @zwc0442 can remove the screw for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.