• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half x titanium replacement hinge

Here's my Project.

My first X-Metal

Half-X Carbon 12-945

- Lenses shot
- Broken Hinge
- No Earsocks
- No Nose Pads
- Had to sand down a 1,00mm Allen Key to 0,90mm to open the setscrews.
(To find me a 0.035" Allen Key would have taken to long.)

I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.

View attachment 678882

View attachment 678886

I checked, neither Oakley, Linegear, Seek, Zone, Walleva, Galaxy or Shade is selling Rubber for Half-X.
@Linegear Japan @Seek Optics @Zone Optics @Galaxy Lenses @Shade Station do any of you have Rubber or have plans to produce any for Half-X in the near future?
Earsocks don't have to be the exact original shape, they just have to be at least 68 - 70mm long like for a Wire Frame with the thinner Part of the Temples about 2 - 2,5mm. Availability before Style.
Nosepads, I have no idea if there's a substitute to OEM. If so please share it with me.

If any of you guy's have OEM Rubber or Spring Hinges for sale please contact me.
Donation or trades for German Chocolate are also welcome.
Juliet earsocks kind of work at a push. Nose bombs I have a feeling original half jacket nose bombs work (not exactly the same as oem but do the job)

Here's my Project.

My first X-Metal

Half-X Carbon 12-945

- Lenses shot
- Broken Hinge
- No Earsocks
- No Nose Pads
- Had to sand down a 1,00mm Allen Key to 0,90mm to open the setscrews.
(To find me a 0.035" Allen Key would have taken to long.)

I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.

View attachment 678882

View attachment 678886

I checked, neither Oakley, Linegear, Seek, Zone, Walleva, Galaxy or Shade is selling Rubber for Half-X.
@Linegear Japan @Seek Optics @Zone Optics @Galaxy Lenses @Shade Station do any of you have Rubber or have plans to produce any for Half-X in the near future?
Earsocks don't have to be the exact original shape, they just have to be at least 68 - 70mm long like for a Wire Frame with the thinner Part of the Temples about 2 - 2,5mm. Availability before Style.
Nosepads, I have no idea if there's a substitute to OEM. If so please share it with me.

If any of you guy's have OEM Rubber or Spring Hinges for sale please contact me.
Donation or trades for German Chocolate are also welcome.

I can cut half x lenses if you need? Just did a pair yesterday in Violet. For an IH replica
37802002-D323-4AB4-A6F6-11AD94BA9F02.jpeg
BD2D8A77-D327-43A9-9000-6615BE6F3AD3.jpeg
3EA1091D-73B2-4A72-ABB7-8286967BF5CF.jpeg

Back