• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY

Alright, fine! A pic before the super serum.. Screenshot_20231112-083829.png

I always thought it was funny you can tell how long ago someone was in the service based on their uniform, at least in the Air Force. We went from greens, to woodland, to tiger stripes, to digital.. I go back to woodland.
Indeed! Same for true Army. I was active duty 1985-2007. I missed the Viet Nam era plain green fatigues. Woodland BDUs, Daily Greens, and Dress Blues were my first issue. I retired just in time to not have to buy digital. They were phasing it in…but the mandatory wear date was after my time. Only thing I missed out on wearing that I’d have liked was the new Pinks and Greens (WWII era khakis). I detested that light and dark green polyester daily uniform stuff. I bought some of the new khaki stuff anyway as I think it‘s darn cool. Luckily most of my career was overseas in U.S. Embassies and I just wore a regular suit most days.

I always thought it was funny you can tell how long ago someone was in the service based on their uniform, at least in the Air Force. We went from greens, to woodland, to tiger stripes, to digital.. I go back to woodland.
True. I got discharged before the first Gulf war, so I never saw desert colored gear in my short time in.

True. I got discharged before the first Gulf war, so I never saw desert colored gear in my short time in.

From the start of Desert Shield, thru Desert Storm, Provide Comfort 1-3, and finally Southern Watch, I think I ended up with something like three or four different variants of Desert BDUs! It was like…dang folks make up your minds! 😜

Indeed! Same for true Army. I was active duty 1985-2007. I missed the Viet Nam era plain green fatigues. Woodland BDUs, Daily Greens, and Dress Blues were my first issue. I retired just in time to not have to buy digital. They were phasing it in…but the mandatory wear date was after my time. Only thing I missed out on wearing that I’d have liked was the new Pinks and Greens (WWII era khakis). I detested that light and dark green polyester daily uniform stuff. I bought some of the new khaki stuff anyway as I think it‘s darn cool. Luckily most of my career was overseas in U.S. Embassies and I just wore a regular suit most days.
From the start of Desert Shield, thru Desert Storm, Provide Comfort 1-3, and finally Southern Watch, I think I ended up with something like three or four different variants of Desert BDUs! It was like…dang folks make up your minds! 😜
Indeed, rather strange that the various US military branches changes uniform that much.

Guess only one who benefits from it is the pockets of the manufacturer....... hmm 🤔
-

Speaking of camouflage unis, look at the current UA-RUS war..... they have to wear colorful armbands to not shoot their own...... kind of negates the purpose of camouflage.

What a mess, **** Putin