• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have two Juliets with the original blue lenses. Would like to have Linegear refurbish and change lenses.

Synomenon

Oakley Beginner
I have two Juliettes with the original blue lenses. The lenses are pretty beat up, but the frames are still in good condition. The flexible parts all seem a little loose though.

I'd like to send both to Linegear to get them refurbished and get new lenses. Total cost for both is around $340.

I know Linegear is based in Japan, but have they ever held any 4th of July sales?

Where are you located? Plenty of guys on here in the states can do that for you and some even cut lenses from OEM oakley lenses for replacements. @zwc0442 is in California, @Chet Manley is in Ohio, @THE X-MAN is in Illinois.
If you’re in Europe/UK then @NuttyOAK13Y can fix you up there.

@Chris A Hardaway cuts lenses and ships right away.

Lots of options and you don’t have to send your stuff to Japan.

Sorry, I wasn't focusing when I posted this. My two Juliets have plasma frames and ice iridium polarized lenses.

There are light scratches on the lenses, but the frames are still in really good shape.

I'd really like to try the Linegear NXT VARIA Photochromic lenses and am considering going with the ice photochromatic for one of the Juliets and titanium clear photochromatic for the other.

Also considering the white rubber set to replace the original black ones. Anyone know how durable and / or prone Linegear's white rubber is to discoloration?

Sorry, I wasn't focusing when I posted this. My two Juliets have plasma frames and ice iridium polarized lenses.

There are light scratches on the lenses, but the frames are still in really good shape.

I'd really like to try the Linegear NXT VARIA Photochromic lenses and am considering going with the ice photochromatic for one of the Juliets and titanium clear photochromatic for the other.

Also considering the white rubber set to replace the original black ones. Anyone know how durable and / or prone Linegear's white rubber is to discoloration?
Aftermarket lenses brings down the value of the pair. Unless they are Dillon optics. I never understand people who put aftermarket lenses in an Oakley. Sort of defeats the object. Cheaper but, when you come to sell, the price of the Juliet will be cheaper.

Aftermarket lenses brings down the value of the pair. Unless they are Dillon optics. I never understand people who put aftermarket lenses in an Oakley. Sort of defeats the object. Cheaper but, when you come to sell, the price of the Juliet will be cheaper.

I see it that the intrinsic value is tied up in X-Metal frames.

The lenses are interchangeable and are like only bit that is prone to properly wearing out.

Easy to source replacement lenses as and when required, whether OEM/Custom or Aftermarket.

I see it that the intrinsic value is tied up in X-Metal frames.

The lenses are interchangeable and are like only bit that is prone to properly wearing out.

Easy to source replacement lenses as and when required, whether OEM/Custom or Aftermarket.
I'd always go for the pair with Oakley lenses though Jon. I don't think I would sell the Juliet's and other X-metals for anywhere near the price I sell them for if, they were fitted with aftermarkets.

I'd always go for the pair with Oakley lenses though Jon. I don't think I would sell the Juliet's and other X-metals for anywhere near the price I sell them for if, they were fitted with aftermarkets.

I get your point, Mike.

You are a true aficionado.

I straddle the line these days whore myself across a few aftermarket brands.

OEM and Dillion are in my arsenal and are 100% the best quality and better for your peepers!

I get your point, Mike.

You are a true aficionado.

I straddle the line these days whore myself across a few aftermarket brands.

OEM and Dillion are in my arsenal and are 100% the best quality and better for your peepers!
Spot on Jon. Dillon and Oem Oakley are the only lenses I will put in a frame. Aftermarket are ok if they are for knocking around in but, I love my eye balls too much to give themPork Scratching instead of Caviar. :prankster:

Back