• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hell-Oakley Everyone! What is up with this place?

AirForceOakley

Oakley Beginner
After what I have seen today, and what people get away with saying to others, and to have my "Welcome" threads deleted multiple times tells me about all I need know. I'm new here, but have been collecting since well before this little forum existed. A guy by the name of Frank I crossed paths with while traveling (in one of my posts I told of my work and extensive world travel 40+ weeks each year) who told me about this place said it was a good place to trade, but that people were messed up (and so many people thought they were friends cuz he gave a thumbs up...???) and most of the reason he left, and has others do his bidding for him. I see why, a few genuine people, a lot of BS, including mods apparently, as my threads have been closed and deleted. Nice way to welcome a Vet!

I have things I wanted to sell / trade that I have never seen anyone ever post about anywhere, or eBay. I know for a fact you would have loved this stuff, but oh well I guess. The forum has ruined that for you know. I will say this: Thank you very Kindly to the few who reached out to me. IF in the future we can stay in touch, maybe we can make things happen.

I am an avid photographer, and love to shoot action sports. Drone work. Hi speed 4k stuff. Think RED. Think of who came up with that idea. Going to RED events and Foot Hill ranch have been highlights for me, as well meeting some awesome people and getting opportunities to obtain super cool swag, autographs, prototypes. It's crazy to me that more people at Oakley didn't care about the cool display stuff or one off items. Would have loved to share more with you, but I'm afraid I will get more weird animal sex pics mocking me and my threads closed by who ever runs this place that supports these people with 1000's of worthless posts.

I'm not into that. I'm not into to the disrespect. That I have seen toward others. Or toward myself, by members or the forum itself - whoever closes and deletes my threads.

All I wanted was to come here, find some like minded, get my 15 posts in 14 days so I could start swapping. I guess being a real Vet can't compete with the Internet soldiers these days.

Don't trust people who post like this, or mods who support of protect them. No CHOMOS, expose the perverts. Rant. Yep. Eat it. I earned it. Me and the rest of the real infinite heroes, who oakley proudly gave equipment to do work and kill with. If you have anything to say about it, I guess you don't support freedom, or the people who strive to maintain it for you, so you can have the right to talk **** and delete other's people opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your threads were removed due the photo that you have now reposted a third time. The original photo was removed and was discussed with the member who originally posted it. You were notified of these reasons and now reminded of why they were removed. Mods can not view every post on this forum, feel free to use the report button to assist with what you feel is inappropriate and it will be viewed. As far as I know, I received 1 report from you before going on this tangent. Please learn some patients.

While I agree that the forum along with the internet is not a very kind place any more, take it with a grain of salt. People are allowed to have opinions and you can be offended. It does not mean those things need to be shared all the time, though most seem to any way. I personally have seen this board go through some changes, with members and mods leaving due to the circumstances. I wish forum was majority for passion and information of the brand we all love. Unfortunately the board is shying away from this into trash talking and shenanigans.

As for the OP, try and do better. I do not like deleting threads.

I removed majority of your threads. Some as to read them before other members had seen them. This one particularly was removed, read, and then reinstated. Should it have been removed completely, probably, would that have provided a solution...no. You would have started 9 more threads to get in the last word.

Is it really necessary to have so much hostility?

@AirForceOakley wow. Sounds like you had a bad day or two here. Sorry to hear that. Lots of great people. Most of us have a good sense of humor and take ourselves lightly. It might be you just reading into things too much or making assumptions.

Stick around with a good attitude, make a clean start, and you’ll make some friends and spend a fortune in the exchange. :oops: Also, when you post in the “what Oaklies are you wearing today” everyone expects a photo of Oakley’s , or you wearing them.

After what I have seen today, and what people get away with saying to others, and to have my "Welcome" threads deleted multiple times tells me about all I need know. I'm new here, but have been collecting since well before this little forum existed. A guy by the name of Frank I crossed paths with while traveling (in one of my posts I told of my work and extensive world travel 40+ weeks each year) who told me about this place said it was a good place to trade, but that people were messed up (and so many people thought they were friends cuz he gave a thumbs up...???) and most of the reason he left, and has others do his bidding for him. I see why, a few genuine people, a lot of BS, including mods apparently, as my threads have been closed and deleted. Nice way to welcome a Vet!

I have things I wanted to sell / trade that I have never seen anyone ever post about anywhere, or eBay. I know for a fact you would have loved this stuff, but oh well I guess. The forum has ruined that for you know. I will say this: Thank you very Kindly to the few who reached out to me. IF in the future we can stay in touch, maybe we can make things happen.

I am an avid photographer, and love to shoot action sports. Drone work. Hi speed 4k stuff. Think RED. Think of who came up with that idea. Going to RED events and Foot Hill ranch have been highlights for me, as well meeting some awesome people and getting opportunities to obtain super cool swag, autographs, prototypes. It's crazy to me that more people at Oakley didn't care about the cool display stuff or one off items. Would have loved to share more with you, but I'm afraid I will get more weird animal sex pics mocking me and my threads closed by who ever runs this place that supports these people with 1000's of worthless posts.

I'm not into that. I'm not into to the disrespect. That I have seen toward others. Or toward myself, by members or the forum itself - whoever closes and deletes my threads.

All I wanted was to come here, find some like minded, get my 15 posts in 14 days so I could start swapping. I guess being a real Vet can't compete with the Internet soldiers these days.

Don't trust people who post like this, or mods who support of protect them. No CHOMOS, expose the perverts. Rant. Yep. Eat it. I earned it. Me and the rest of the real infinite heroes, who oakley proudly gave equipment to do work and kill with. If you have anything to say about it, I guess you don't support freedom, or the people who strive to maintain it for you, so you can have the right to talk **** and delete other's people opinions.
It's a real shame that such toxic behavior from some members pushed you away from what could be so beneficial to all.

You sound like a great guy and I'm sure you would have contributed to this forum immensely.

I hope someday you change your mind, as here it's like the world out there, where there are contemptible and nice people mixed together, although in the real world the contemptible ones have more filters on so they are not so evident.

Have a nice weekend and safe travels.

I don’t k ow what’s in the water today but it seems everybody they joined today has been attacked, there are a bunch of great people on here, just block the ones that have been harassing you

Latest Posts

Back