• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hell-Oakley Everyone! What is up with this place?

@AirForceOakley
First let me say. Welcome!
Secondly, and with all due respect. You're not the only Veteran who is a member here. I would venture to guess the number is in the hundreds, maybe more. Many are known, many have never even mentioned that they served. That being said, unlike you, I have never seen any of them scream out for special treatment because of their Veteran status. Your service is to be commended but doesn't entitle you to be treated any differently than anyone else here. I can be quite sure that in the time you served in the military, there were occasions where you were singled out. Did you take it like a man and carry on, or lash out and whine about it? I'd like to believe it was the former. Do the same here and enjoy the forum. Be proud of your service, like you should be. On the other hand, be humble about it, don't expect to be held in higher regard because of it. That's how a real Vet acts.
Last, before you ask. Yes I did serve. I just never saw a need to mention it here, before now, and I'll never mention it again. I don't need to.
If you took the time to read this. Thank you!
Rick

well said and thankyou

Back