• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello :)

keepcalmcarryon

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

Can't believe this is my first time finding this place!
Worn Oakleys for over 12 years now. Began with some C-wire sunglasses and still have them today... well sort of, they're like "triggers broom" I've ebayed about 4 pairs over the years taking arms off some, replacing the frame on others to keep them going.
Unfortunately one day as I was delivering to an optician I asked if they could quickly give them a wipe over which they kindly did however something started creeping into the lens giving a spiderweb sort of effect. Over the past few months it's slowly made its way over the lens and now covers about 60% impairing vision slightly :(
So now i'm looking up some new frames which is how I come by the site ... narrowed it down to whisker and conductor 8 (which have just gone out of stock) Not sure about the whisker not having spring hinges though, is there much of a difference?

My regular glasses are Socket 2.0 again I must have ebayed about 5-10 pairs of these. Luckily never damaged the glass, just replaced everything around it.

Peace
KCCO

Welcome to this wonderful madness, you still have time to run away...

Jejejje seriously welcome to your new O-home enjoy it:drinks: the c-wire is a very good old school pair many people love the old wire frames here..

Last edited:
Welcome to this wonderful madness, you still have time to run away...

Jejejje seriously welcome to your new O-home enjoy it:drinks: the c-wiew is a very good old school pair many people love the old wire frames here..
Thank you haha definitely staying then.
Yea it's a shame there's only a few available now, would love to be able to buy older ones but then the prescription causes an issue.

I am going to say you are from the UK?
'Triggers broom' may not be a familiar term Stateside!!

Anyway, glad you found the forum...

Back