• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help finding bolts for aluminum case

1/4 - 20 aluminum carriage bolts. The ones listed in the link are square shank but since they are aluminum it's a simple matter of grinding down the squared edges to make them round eliminating the need to drill out the holes in the case. I recommend placing two nuts on the end of the bolt and putting that in a drill chuck. Spin the bolt and clamp a file in a vice. The drill will rotate the bolt in the same Isis while you file down the corners. Once it is rounded you can finish off the shoulder very nicely.

http://www.aluminumfastener.com/images/catalog.pdf

I will do this. Thank you.

Are these what you are looking for?
PJB_9799_48296.JPG

Yeah. Where did you get them? I think they are 1/4 - 20. Another member informed me the manufacturer of the displays just threaded aluminum solid rivets.

I think dimension of this aluminum bolts is depend on the display case. Mine is 1/4x1"x5/8 (stud diameter X Stud length X Head diameter) for my mega and double wide display cabinet. I asked from my buddy a sample of bolts from his counter top and it measures 1/4x5/8x7/16 (stud diameter X Stud length X Head diameter).

Back