• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with Best Half Jacket 2.0 XL Lenses for Mild Colorblindness in the Outdoors

Unfortunately, Oakley's lens views are just photoshopped pictures with boosted saturation and contrast on the right pane.

This forum has a lot of helpful pictures posted by members which can help understand the various tints. I'd recommended a google search specific to this forum with the lens tint you want to see.
Eg., the below query will help you find posts related to the tint of Prizm Tungsten lenses.
prizm tungsten tint site:www.oakleyforum.com

You can also search for comparisons, eg
Prizm trail vs prizm road site:www.oakleyforum.com

Good luck with your search!
Correct, the oakley website simulator isn't consistent in comparing tints other than boosting contrast/saturation to give the idea of prizm's contrasting abilities. However the difference between visible light transmission between lenses that both use the same base tint aren't always visible.

For example the prizm road vs prizm black road can be slightly noticed, however between prizm rose gold polar and prizm ruby polar isn't evident as far as I can tell. For their sport specific tints they do offer video's with on/off comparison which might work better to understand the tint over the slider, but still feel faked in that it's a post production filter rather than a actual gopro viewing through that particular tint. https://www.oakley.com/en-us/prizm/trail
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.50.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.50.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-21 at 4.36.36 PM.png
O-review lens options aren't going to do much better than oakley's site, though I do like the ability of separating the iridium coating color from the base might be helpful in determining which bases you can pick up on vs the ones you can't tell.

My local ski shop has no problem with people trying shaes outside, but I'm not sure SGH in the mall would let me just walk out of the store. I suppose if you give them your state ID and some collateral to hold on to while you walk outside they might, but even then it really depends on who's working. As TheDuke mentioned bring a pallet of color samples printed out, to better understand how each lens affects your perceptions of various colors or landscape scenes, if the store won't let you walk out with them on. I suggest a printout over using your phone, as looking through polarized lenses at a phone may create a rainbow oil slick like effect which may hinder your experience.

If you couldn't try them outside an none of those options above seem to give you the effect you're going for, then you can always just buy a bunch of different pairs at online retailers which offer free returns...

Found a few I took in Hawaii for you.

First is a clear RX lens with UV filtering only.
2nd is a DWP (Deep Water Prizm) (blue lens)
3rd is OOBIP (Black Iridium Polarized) (black lens)
4th is Prizm Maritime Polarized (Green lens)
5th is 24k (gold lens)
6th is Ice (Blue lens)

View attachment 695172

View attachment 695173

View attachment 695174

View attachment 695175

View attachment 695177

View attachment 695178

View attachment 695179

View attachment 695180

View attachment 695181

View attachment 695182

View attachment 695183
Did you take these while at the Keck Observatory?

Back